dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads getting in way of Yoga..Help

SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
11 years ago
327 posts

Hey guys,

My dreads are about waist long and they are getting really heavy for my neck, it seems. I practice Kundalini Yoga, and when I'm moving side to side or doing some other kriya like Frog pose, it gets in the way and is very annoying. Even when I tie them, it seems to be pulling my head back in some weird way. What should I do? Trimming it seems like a last resort and although I'm preparing myself for it, I'd like to know what do you guys do?

Thanks.

updated by @sillywalkingminister: 01/13/15 09:59:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

toss them over your shoulders to hang in the front not back

ofcourse then some poses will pull forward

was wax or anything with residues ever used youd be surprised at the weight diference after wax removal

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
11 years ago
327 posts

Actually SE you bring up a good point. It was waxed once in its lifetime and since I found this about 3 yrs ago, I boiled my hair around 20 times. I dont know if its still there or not. But if I trim it, it will be the waxed part at the bottom 1/4th that will get cut.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it can travel id try the wax b gone or at least scrubbing with dawn dish soap and hottest water u can stand

--
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
11 years ago
327 posts

damn!! I'd have till dec. to get wax b gone or dawn dish soap as both as both are not available in India. Indian Customs makes it a pain to order it online. I can try dipping them in hottest water i guess. Is it ok if I take a deep bucket with hot water..and lie on edge of sofa and dip all dreads in it and squeeze?

SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
11 years ago
327 posts

Also, how the hell does it travel? Is it custom made by the devil himself?

soaring eagle said:

it can travel id try the wax b gone or at least scrubbing with dawn dish soap and hottest water u can stand

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wash with hot water it soften and flows throughout the dread

go out in hot weather it sk=oftens and flows thats why it can run down your face

typicaly when hot youd tie them up so u=it flows towards the roots

but yes its made by someone evil

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

probly ..undiluted acv may take some out too

SillyWalkingMinister said:

damn!! I'd have till dec. to get wax b gone or dawn dish soap as both as both are not available in India. Indian Customs makes it a pain to order it online. I can try dipping them in hottest water i guess. Is it ok if I take a deep bucket with hot water..and lie on edge of sofa and dip all dreads in it and squeeze?

--
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
11 years ago
327 posts

I usually shoot in 45-50 degrees of sweltering heat all day long (with my hair not tied or anything) and I have never had waxy feeling at all. I just sweat a lot but a good scrubbing with Maylee's awsome bars and M all good.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

maylees bars are awesome unless u got hard water

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form