Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Band Residue

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

So I made the mistake of putting rubber bands in my hair and forgetting to take them out. Yes, yes i know, very bad move. So now that I have messed up, what is the protocol to fix it? Some of them I was able to break out piece by piece but a few have melted into a goo/tar on my dread. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to let my dreads grow out and deal with the consequences?

updated by @jackie-turner: 01/13/15 09:58:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

tips or roots?

how old now?

im not sure wax b gone would be strong enough but might be worth trying i could probly talk her into a test sample if youd pay for shipping?

if that didnt do it theres an orange oil based industrial strength solvent (try it pretty diluted 1st it disolves tar caulk all adhesives and all sorts of gunks)

but cant vouch for hair healthiness

i know its been used and said his (or her cant remember now) hair was real dry after

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

That happened to me too, but luckily I managed to notice it happening early and took them out before all of my hair was like that. I just tried picking it out of my hair with my nails, or try to loosen it up in the shower when the water is hot. Good luck D:

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

The gunk is in my dreads around the top, not the root though because my dreads have grown since I out them in. They are 7 months now. Do you know what the orange stuff is called? I think if my hair dryes out I can do maybe an aloe vera treatment to condition the area back.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form