Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hey everybody! Let's discuss...shampoo!!

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Indian grocery store would be cheapest, just a few $ for 2kg, or something like that. Or health food store.
Nicole Schaefer said:

That sounds interesting!! Do you know where I could buy some? And how much it would cost?

Tim said:

updated by @tim5: 07/23/15 12:04:33AM
Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

Do you know if this will leave residue in hard water? And thanks again for the info :)

Tim said:

Indian grocery store would be cheapest, just a few $ for 2kg, or something like that. Or health food store.
Nicole Schaefer said:

That sounds interesting!! Do you know where I could buy some? And how much it would cost?

Tim said:

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I don't know. I have not used this method, but I think I will try it. I personally would not be too concerned even if it did. The more I think about it, I don't think it would, especially if it was strained as described. I am going to the Indian grocer in a couple of days, I think I will try it over the weekend.

peace

Allison Ruthless
@allison-ruthless
11 years ago
19 posts

Just saying, I pretty much use any shampoo that's in the shower. I still love a lot of the shampoos that I used before I had dreads, herbal essences, organix, paul mitchell, aaaand yeah. Basically anything that's not too cheap and residual. Never had any problems.

I used dreadheadhq when they were babies but I never noticed a difference, and one day my daughter decided it'd make a fine bubble bath so that's what she did with the entire bottle. I just can't convince myself to pay out the ass for super expensive dread shampoos that don't seem to make a difference.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you should

those shampoos will build up just like wax the buildup can create a breeding ground for mold and mildew its not a guarantee you'll have trouble but it increses the risk factor a great deal

also they condition so you'll have more loose hair more loose roots etc and a harder time getting new growth to form new dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

I'm assuming you have hard water as well? Let me know how it works for you.

peace to you

Tim said:

I don't know. I have not used this method, but I think I will try it. I personally would not be too concerned even if it did. The more I think about it, I don't think it would, especially if it was strained as described. I am going to the Indian grocer in a couple of days, I think I will try it over the weekend.

peace

Litha Bhealltainn
@litha-bhealltainn
10 years ago
1 posts

Hej there! Sorry for digging up this old topic!

I'm currently using Urtekram's no perfume shampoo (INGREDIENTS:
Aqua, sodium cocosulfate, aloe vera barbadensis leaf extract, glycerin, lauryl glucoside, coco glucoside, sodium chloride, glyceryl caprylate, glyceryl oleate, sodium cocoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, glyceryl undecylenate, citric acid, tocopherol, beta-sitosterol, squalene).

I know that the aloe vera is supposed to be too moisturizing for dreads but surprisingly, it doesn't make my dreads soft. In fact, they are very knotty for their age.

Apart from the aloe vera, is there anything in this shampoo that could be considered to leave residue? I had some problems with that in my previous set so I'm a bit paranoid.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form