Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Locking help !

Braden Young
@braden-young
11 years ago
5 posts

So I made my dreads 2 months ago with the twist n rip method and ever since, they have slowly been untangling, starting from the tip and working it's way down to the root (many have even fallen out) !
Now I only have small amounts of loosely dreaded parts and the rest is loose hair.

I spray my dreads once or twice a week with a mixture of lemon juice and sea salt. I also shower with a tablespoon of Dr. Bronner's mixed with two tablespoons of baking soda and some essential oils. I rinse with ACV.

Help me please !

updated by @braden-young: 01/13/15 09:58:25PM
Braden Young
@braden-young
11 years ago
5 posts

Okay great, thank you so much !
Do you have any recommendations to how often/how much sea salt I should spray ?

Also, is there anything wrong with my washing ingredients ?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its normal to loosen and fall out but what do you mean you rinse with acv
acv should only be used after a baking soda wash and then very very diluted
if your rinsing out the bronners and bs mix with acv thats why its not dreading xcv conditions

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

sea salt should be 3.5 % of the water volume to be the same salinity asthe ocean

--
Braden Young
@braden-young
11 years ago
5 posts

Okay wow, thank you !

Do you think the ends will start to dread again or do you think I can twist n rip the loose ends ?

And with the ACV, I have been filling a water bottle with about 1/8 ACV and the rest water.
Should I dilute it more ?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

leave the loose ends alone they will dread themselves thats way too strong for even mature dreads for young dreads irs 1-2 tablespoons to a gallon mature dreads 1/10th the baking soda to water should be 1-10 ratio too

but not sure why your doing both mixed id either use bs/acv or bronners or bronners most washes bs/axv once a month

also

between bs and acv rinse with plain water dont pour the acvg over the bs without rinsing the bs out 1st

--
Braden Young
@braden-young
11 years ago
5 posts

Thank you so much Soaring Eagle !

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Soaring Eagle is completely correct. :) I would also be careful with the lemon juice as the acidity in it can begin to break down your hair. TnR dreads tend to come undone, but just let them be. Wash and separate and they will do their thing :) I highly recommend anything from Vickis dreadlocksshampoo site, esp. her Lockin' Up Liquid!

Braden Young
@braden-young
11 years ago
5 posts

Thanks Cori, I'll check it out !

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Of course, let us know how every thing goes! :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form