Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Moisturing Dreads: Any Advice?

kitty in a tree
@kitty-in-a-tree
11 years ago
2 posts

I've had my dreadlocks for about two-and-a-half years, and have not really given any thought to moisturizing my hair until very recently. I haven't used any kind of conditioner consistently since my hair's been dreaded, and now I'm beginning to believe this is a problem, as the individual hairs in my locks are quite brittle. So I was just wondering if any of you dreaded folks had any advice for me, or if you wanted to share your own methods of conditioning to give me something to kick around. My hair would greatly appreciate it!

updated by @kitty-in-a-tree: 01/13/15 09:58:21PM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

What do you wash with? Since I've started using the baking soda and apple cider vinegar with essential oils, I've noticed my dreads are amazingly soft (they used to be very stiff and dry). The apple cider vinegar is conditioning, I think. But also jojoba oil is good for conditioning the dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

jojoba and aloe vera (from the plant must be pure aloe nothing at all added) the dreadlockshampoo.com soaps also mostly eliminate the need to conditio almost completely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kitty in a tree
@kitty-in-a-tree
11 years ago
2 posts

I've been using the baking soda deep clean (with rosemary, tea tree, lavender, and peppermint essential oils) and vinegar combo since the beginning, but I use white vinegar instead of acv for extra cleaning power. I used to put jojoba oil in the baking soda mixture each time as well, but have since switched to put it directly onto my hair while it's still a little damp. I'm a bit sporadic about using it, though, so maybe I just need to use it more consistently?

Tara C said:

What do you wash with? Since I've started using the baking soda and apple cider vinegar with essential oils, I've noticed my dreads are amazingly soft (they used to be very stiff and dry). The apple cider vinegar is conditioning, I think. But also jojoba oil is good for conditioning the dreads.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form