Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help me quick before i shave my hair off

kieran ruddy
@kieran-ruddy
11 years ago
2 posts

hey guys I need some help to decide how to locks my hair up. currently I have just cut back to washing it toonce a week but I have been told to leave it a little bit longer is this correct? I read something that washing the hair can help the hair to locks but is this after a certain point? e.g when the hair starts to locks up a little bit. I want my dreads to look as even as possible so what is the best way to do this for my hair type? I currently just twist my hair not daily and not to tight as I seen a video and hear about over twisting can cause baldness.

so to summarise everything up. 1. what is the best way to twist my hair? 2.how long will this take for my hair to dread up and drop? 3. my scalp has become dry what is the best method to fix this? 4. how often should I wash it in the early stages and once after I have got dreads? 5.also my hair is long when it is stretched but it curls up. so how do I get them to stay long?

any reply's will be appreciated and I will be spreading the word of this site asI seen an email which asked to help with doing this.

thanks Kieran

updated by @kieran-ruddy: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

1. don't twist at all 2. it varies greatly for everyone, your journey is your own. you can check the timelines for hair types similar for yours to see how long it took them, but it still will be different for you. 3. what are you washing with? 4. with baby dreads most people wash every few days then once mature about once a week 5. it has to shrink to knot. think of a rope if you tie knots in it it must get shorter, same with your dreads. they will shrink up while knotting & then grow grow grow!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont twist just wash 1-3 times a week and let it dread you dont want itto stay long it must shrink to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kieran ruddy
@kieran-ruddy
11 years ago
2 posts

cheers ixchel and soaring eagle

I will check out the timeline. I did use this special shampoo for dry scalp, but the last time I washed it I just used water lol until I got help from here (just did a quick wash)

what shampoo do you recommend? also I read on here to wash between the forming dreads and just use palm? and can I shower my hair or not? it might sound strange question but I wasn't sure if it would pull to much and slow the process down (or would this even help).

so why do you two say not to twist? my guess is itmight slow it down but as I am only dreading the topof my head I don't want them to big and out of proportion. but I could be worrying to much lol

and sorry I do ask a lot of questions =) lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

twistin g causes traction alopecia and balding

www.dreadlockshampoo.com

id use fingertips to scrub just the scalp then rinse through the hair'

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags