Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I wash my hair everyday. Does it affect the dreading process?

thetetlove
@thetetlove
11 years ago
16 posts

I live in a tropical country and ya know it is really hot here.
I always wash my hair ...everyday . I use BS AND ACV.
My question is does it affect the dreading process?
I read a lot of forum and they said that they wash their hair 2- 3 times a week. I think I cannot do that because my scalp is very oily and the weather here in the Philippines is hot.

updated by @thetetlove: 01/13/15 09:58:07PM
Boomsie
@boomsie
11 years ago
3 posts

Not an expert (yet) but I think the main issue with frequent washing , mould, occurs when the dreads don't dry out completely. I have read on different forums that clean hair dreads better than dirty hair (i wash mine once a week) and I think you should be fine if your hair dries up completely between washes. I am sure others will weigh in with more wisdom..

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

what method are you using to dread your hair? If your going the natural route it will probably take longer because showers tend to unravel knots. If possible, i would order Lockin Up Liquid from dreadlocksshampoo.com, it will help. :) Good luck and happy dreading!

thetetlove
@thetetlove
11 years ago
16 posts

I used crochet on my three dreads and the rest are neglect . I think I will .

Thank you dear :)

CoriElaine said:

what method are you using to dread your hair? If your going the natural route it will probably take longer because showers tend to unravel knots. If possible, i would order Lockin Up Liquid from dreadlocksshampoo.com , it will help. :) Good luck and happy dreading!

thetetlove
@thetetlove
11 years ago
16 posts

I am scared to get mold in my dreads but every time I wash it I make sure to dry them out completely. Btw thank you very much my dear :)

Boomsie said:

Not an expert (yet) but I think the main issue with frequent washing , mould, occurs when the dreads don't dry out completely. I have read on different forums that clean hair dreads better than dirty hair (i wash mine once a week) and I think you should be fine if your hair dries up completely between washes. I am sure others will weigh in with more wisdom..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if its oily just stop the acv awhile and wash less often.. the more you wash the more you strip oils and the scalp goes into survival mode and pumps out extra oils..

the acv helps keep it oily too..dont stop it permenantly just long enough that you can go 3-4 days withoit excessive oiliness then resume it slowly very weak

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
thetetlove
@thetetlove
11 years ago
16 posts
THank you for the advice SE :)
nikymor g. dizon
@nikymor-g-dizon
11 years ago
2 posts

ei hi there thanks for the add. ive got a few neglect locs also on my back, try addiing 3 table spoon of salt on a 3 liter water with your bs wash and add some oils in it, my wash is like 3 - 4 tables spoons of sea salt on 3-4 liters with 3 -4 spponsful of bs on water then i use a soap giga soap i think was the name the oils i add are ppepper mint for cooling senstaion tea tree oil for germicide or something like that lavander for scent then rosemary. sometimes i make 3 liters of rosemary tea then i add some aloe vera i blender the aloevera first then strain it so no fibers and pulps will be on my wash also i add some calamansi since its the same ph level as lemon and much cheaper. my dreads are maturing faast ever since ive used those essential oil and rosemary tea with aloe and it prevents me from getting dandruff, atm i made a locking tightening moisturizing gel ehehhe made from flax seeds tames them frizzies down and accelerates it with the help of calamansi and a lil salt. hope this helps. im not good in terms of my english, but if you have questions message me instead in tagalog coz i need to go to the blood bank after this message ahahhahaha. tc patience and keep dreading ^^

thetetlove
@thetetlove
11 years ago
16 posts

Hahahaha thank you so much. Natawa ako dun. Gagawin ko yun. :)

nikymor g. dizon said:

ei hi there thanks for the add. ive got a few neglect locs also on my back, try addiing 3 table spoon of salt on a 3 liter water with your bs wash and add some oils in it, my wash is like 3 - 4 tables spoons of sea salt on 3-4 liters with 3 -4 spponsful of bs on water then i use a soap giga soap i think was the name the oils i add are ppepper mint for cooling senstaion tea tree oil for germicide or something like that lavander for scent then rosemary. sometimes i make 3 liters of rosemary tea then i add some aloe vera i blender the aloevera first then strain it so no fibers and pulps will be on my wash also i add some calamansi since its the same ph level as lemon and much cheaper. my dreads are maturing faast ever since ive used those essential oil and rosemary tea with aloe and it prevents me from getting dandruff, atm i made a locking tightening moisturizing gel ehehhe made from flax seeds tames them frizzies down and accelerates it with the help of calamansi and a lil salt. hope this helps. im not good in terms of my english, but if you have questions message me instead in tagalog coz i need to go to the blood bank after this message ahahhahaha. tc patience and keep dreading ^^

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form