dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bobby Pins, Ponytails, Hair Clips?

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Hey everyone!

I exercise often, and my baby dreads often look a bit gross, so I pull them back a lot; up in a ponytail with bobby pins, or down with a few hair clips to keep the hair out of my face. I also wear them in braids, and wear flower headbands (the kind that go around your forehead, think hippie headbands).

I was wondering if this will hinder the dreading process? If so, what are some alternative that I could do to keep them out of my face? Thank you so much!

updated by @meg5: 01/13/15 09:57:59PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

The more you wear your hair up or back, the more it slows down the progress. The headband is probably the least harmful. Bobby pins, and clips will have the greatest chance of ripping hairs and thinning out the locks at those spots. The headbands, if tight, will slow the process, and may cause some locks to start growing in flatter than you might like but as the get longer and older, they will round out.

A tam would be your best bet. Bandannas, if tied loosely, are good too

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Are you wearing your hair up all day, or just when you're exercising? I put my hair in a tight bun for about an hour every day while I exercise and it's dreaded just fine. :)

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Thank you both so much!

I will definitely start wearing them down most of the day, and maybe wear a bandanna. The urge to use a clip to pull back my bangs is so strong though; I get a lot of zits when they're down :p

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form