Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dreads, help!

Max d
@max-d
11 years ago
5 posts

after i do all that, is it okay if I tie by hair back in a pony tail to let the dreads form, or is it better for me to wear my hair down?

Baba Fats said:

Because of the damage that crocheting did, brushing them out to start over will probably do more damage than good. Thee are a lot of broken hairs in your locks already. Brushing will only break more and pull all of those hairs out. If you just loosen up your locks with aloe or jojoba oil, they will start to recover faster. Then they will be able to start locking. Also, I think I can see rubber bands in at least a few of the tips of your locks. Take them out. Bands will only do more damage. They squeeze your locks too tight, creating weak spots that never heal. They also get sucked into your locks where they dry-rot and grow mold. Plus, bands at the tips of your locks prevent locking.

After that, wash 2-3 times a week with a good residue-free shampoo. The BS/ACV wash is great in soft water. But it doesn't rinse out well in hard water. Dreadlockshampoo.com is the best for any water type

updated by @max-d: 07/23/15 07:05:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

down all you can up loosely when you must

tye em back too much and they wont progress or..you run the risk of a pony dread..all forming into 1 pulled back dread

Max d said:

after i do all that, is it okay if I tie by hair back in a pony tail to let the dreads form, or is it better for me to wear my hair down?

Baba Fats said:

Because of the damage that crocheting did, brushing them out to start over will probably do more damage than good. Thee are a lot of broken hairs in your locks already. Brushing will only break more and pull all of those hairs out. If you just loosen up your locks with aloe or jojoba oil, they will start to recover faster. Then they will be able to start locking. Also, I think I can see rubber bands in at least a few of the tips of your locks. Take them out. Bands will only do more damage. They squeeze your locks too tight, creating weak spots that never heal. They also get sucked into your locks where they dry-rot and grow mold. Plus, bands at the tips of your locks prevent locking.

After that, wash 2-3 times a week with a good residue-free shampoo. The BS/ACV wash is great in soft water. But it doesn't rinse out well in hard water. Dreadlockshampoo.com is the best for any water type

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form