Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP, serious dandruff problem

Dean CSE
@dean-cse
11 years ago
3 posts
Hey guys, just some background, I've had my dreads for just over a month now and it seems no matter what I try I can't get rid of my awful dandruff.I used the twist and rip method with no waxes or artificial products and have tried the following to help:T-GelHome made tea tree soapTea tree and lemon shampooTea tree and rosemary aloe spraySea salt wash (to strip out grease)Regular shampoosIm really close to using head and shoulders and hoping it works, I've cone to accept I'll lose progress on them, but I'm really close to cutting them off. I've researched ans wanted dreads for over a year now and am incredibly upset and disheartened by this. I wash every 3 days but my scalp just seems to give me a ton of oilsPlease help :(
updated by @dean-cse: 01/13/15 09:57:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

t gel is extremely toxic all dandruff shampoos are toxic ..dont use them

sea salt will make dandruff worse

this is simple the 2 best choices are

www.dreadlockshampoo.com teatree rosemary bar

baking soda acv recipe with teatree rosemary

and..stop using hot water

u migt still have a lil flakes sometimes but flakes are harmless certainlyy not worth gertting upsert aboiut or ending your dread journey

however if u use 1 or the other of those or both it will really reduce the flakes maybe even stop them complete;y

do not use any regular5 shampoos

anything with sls especialy

even dandruff shampoos have sls

sls will make it worse..

just try the teatre rosemary dreadlockshampoo bar fpr a couple months and see how it improves

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I think in the early stages just about everyone gets dandruff, or at least start to notice the flakes, because there is more chance that they get trapped on the head. Your scalp will adjust to the lack of stimulation. I had dandruff and itchy scalp at first, it has totally cleared up for over a year now. No flakes, no icthy, 100% normal scalp. I use dreadlockshampoo, it works perfectly.

peace.

Dean CSE
@dean-cse
11 years ago
3 posts

Thanks for the reassurance and quick response guys, I appreciate it

I've done some reading on ACV and BS mixes over the year and would it be best to not use the Vinegar the first time, considering I could fry an egg on my hair with how greasy it is?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

probably yes but that may increase the dandruff too you'll have to experiment and find your own ballance

--
Derek2
@dreadedhyena
11 years ago
37 posts

I dont know if this will help you in the same way as it did me...as our chemistry isn't the same. Buuuut...patchouli oil. After I wash my hair...be it bs/acv or some other shampoo...I take a standard empty water bottle, put in a butt ton of patchouli oil, then fill the rest up with water. Shake and apply over tha head.

It seeeeeems to work pretty well actually.

Dean CSE
@dean-cse
11 years ago
3 posts

Hey guys.

Just an update on how things are going: I've done two BSV washes now, based on measurements posted in a different thread, and still have the same, if not worse amounts of dandruff, the first time I used tea tree and rosemary as recommended and today for the second wash I cut the tea tree and went with a rosemary/peppermint combo. I have also had to do a couple of rinses to get rid of flakes in between these washes because the amounts were ridiculous and I was working on a film set over the weekend. At my wits end a little here though am willing to give it time.

I start university on Wednesday and was hoping I wouldnt have to look and feel embarrassed about the amount of flakes coming off my scalp.

Thanks again for your reponses anyway, anything else you can add would be amazing.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

you tried the dreadlockshampoo.com, teatree rosemary bars and cold water

but dont worry bout the flakes noone notices but ypu

dont be so self conscious about it

if its severe ..consult a dermatologist ..it most likely isnt dandruff but another condition requiring medication like steroids to treate

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form