Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

Three month old dreads... I might be worrying for no good reason??

Loren2
@loren2
4 years ago
4 posts

So, I posted a video on youtube, and I'll link you here so you can see the dreads (a bit toward the end of the video after my crazy ramblings!) http://youtu.be/erA0kGIpjYk

The video says all of this, so if you're watching it, you probably don't need to read this.. :)

I know natural is encouraged on this site, and I tried to let my hair just kinda... section naturally and do TNR with what sections came from that. Some of the chunkier ones I made a bit smaller because I thought smaller dreads made more sense because 1) faster drying time!! and 2) if they wanted to be bigger then they could just congo onto each other rather than trying to rip apart a large dread into smaller ones if they wanted to be smaller.

But now I'm experiencing some frustrating stuff. I have a few super small dreads that refuse to do much of anything but unravel. I've talked to a few friends and some suggest leaving it be and just see what happens, others suggest redoing the sections and make them larger. My "larger" dreads are doing AMAZING!! So happy with the progress on those couple! I've been debating just undoing all of my dreads and starting fresh, making them a bit more like this size. I've watched youtube videos that say "hey you should section it this or that way" etc etc etc. GAH!

There's soooo many opinions and thoughts on this, that it's mind boggling! Just a side note: I don't use wax, I use the Dreadlocks Shampoo bar fromhttp://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/, and I started them with a mix of TNR and backcombing. (I did a tutorial on this on my youtube channel as well if you want to see).

Aaaaaanyway. Thoughts? Thank you!!! <3

- Loren

updated by @loren2: 01/13/15 09:57:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,920 posts

just leave em be its normal to unravel they will dread back up again in no time

redoing them wont help they will just unravel again and make zero progress

you got to just trust in the process and let them do their thing

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,920 posts

what pretty eyes though :)

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Loren2
@loren2
4 years ago
4 posts

Awww! Thanks SE! :D And yeah, I guess that's the whole point of having this journey is to learn and grow and accept change as they are changing. I just didn't want to have a problem later down the line if there's something I should've considered while I'm still early on. I know having dreads too thick is usually an issue, but didn't know if it was the same for having dreads too thin or sectioned kinda oddly as I have. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,920 posts

i had at least as many or more up till 5 years ago when i let em congo at will

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Dislike 0

Share This