dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Blow dryer

Chiara
@chiara
11 years ago
12 posts

HI GUYS!

I rarely write here,but I'm always on this site..and now I have a doubt that is driving me a little insane. Ok,so,my dreads are 1 year and a half old. I wash them like once a week, sometimes twice.My problem is that I continue to read that you have to let them dry by themselves,with nothing but a towel to take out most of the water...BUT I can't let them dry in the hair. I have sever cervical pain,and I can't have my neck (or head too) exposed to the cold of my wet hair for more than five minutes,so I've always used the blow dryer.I try not to use hot air,in fact I use practically always cold to medium hair,but I'm worried.I don't want to damage my hair but I have to use the blow dryer...what should I do??

updated by @chiara: 01/13/15 09:57:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its fine

(mine are to the ground i know the pain wet dreads can cause your neck)

what i do is a combo of air and blow dry

straight out of the shower i dont use a towel at all i shake em lil then blow dry medium heat just a quick once over moving the dryer quickly its when u blast 1 area with heat too long thats the real bad part so moving it around all over quickly will prevent that

afyer a quick once over i move em around alot exposing the damper parts to the air and maybe 1/2 to an hour later do a quick blow touch up on the dampest parts

i'll kep doing this over the next several hours

ofcourse..15 minutes in a hot summer sun will do more dryig then an hour with a blow dryer

and good to see u post u should come by more often and be more actively involved

we love hearing from you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chiara
@chiara
11 years ago
12 posts

thank you so much SE,God,this feels a lot like a family,it's beautiful!I'll post more,my english isn't that good but I'll try not to focus on that :D

thank you agani!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

we don't care how good your english is :)

ours isnt great either

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form