Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Scalp Issues... help?

Audrey
@audrey
5 years ago
2 posts

So I have had my dreads for a little over two years now and recently, within the past few months, I have been having issues with my scalp. At times it gets really red and irritated and I have been noticing a lot of dandruff. This is a new problem, I have never had this issue before. I have been using the dread bar soap from the dreadlocksshampoo site. I was using the patchouli bar when I first noticed this becomming an issue, so I swithced to the tea tree and there has been no improvement. Prior to me switching to using the dread shampoo bars I had always used the dread shampoo from dreadheadhq.com and I never had any issues. I am wondering if it's possible that I might be allergic to the oils or some ingredient in these dread shampoo bars? I just washed my hair two nights ago and it almost looks like I have a rash behind my ears... Any ideas or suggestions? Should I just switch back to the shampoo I used to use before I had this problem? Not sure what else would cause this... Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

updated by @audrey: 01/13/15 09:57:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,517 posts

i would not go back the dreadhead stuff is toxic and causes the symproms u sdescrivbe wich sounds like psiasisis or subhoric dermatitis both are caused by dreadheadhq shampoo as well as dandruff

how long have u used them..its possible theres an alergy but what u describe is typicaly caused by dreadheadhq and cured by dreadlockshampoo.

id give it a lil while longer maybe do a couple baking soda soalks

u can do an alergy test by scratching your wrist then wash the scratches with the soap andr see if theres a reaction

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,517 posts

was wax or any other products ever used even jusat to start

--

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Audrey
@audrey
5 years ago
2 posts

I did use wax, once, when I very first started my dreads. After I did I realized that it was a big mistake and I never touched the stuff again. It's been over two years now and I think I recovered pretty well from the wax, plus my dreads have grown out a lot since then, and I don't do any maintanance besides separating them. I have been using the dread bars for probably almost a year now, and I just started having issues with my scalp these past few months, which is why I find it odd and I suspect I might be having an allergic reaction. I ordered the naked shampoo bar and I'm going to try that and see if it makes a difference, it's unscented. I think I might try that allergy test though. Thanks.

soaring eagle said:

was wax or any other products ever used even jusat to start

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,517 posts

if u didnt reemove the wax there could still be wax in em causing the issue

--

Taurus ♥ ♉
@taurus
5 years ago
2 posts

you could be allergic to whatever you just switched to. or are your dreads pulling on your scalp? but dandruff usually comes & goes dreadlocks or not

Kaytea Elisabeth ☮
@kaytea-elisabeth
5 years ago
3 posts

just get tea tree oil.. 15-20 drops to 64 oz of warm water.. use your fingertips to gently massage it in after the dump

Good Luck :)

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
5 years ago
122 posts

My daughter had a hair wrap that had a dread at the scalp. It was in her hair for quite a while and she also started getting an irritation/rash, just at the scalp where her dread was. I took her to the park 1 day and as she went down the slide it caught on the slide and ripped out. Here I was devastated in tears and she didn't feel it. Once the dread/wrap was out of her hair her scalp healed and and her hair grew back. Thank God! Be careful, I'd hate for you to lose any hair over a rash. I have skin problems as well and watch my scalp closely. Good Luck!!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form