Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scalp Issues... help?

Audrey
@audrey
11 years ago
2 posts

So I have had my dreads for a little over two years now and recently, within the past few months, I have been having issues with my scalp. At times it gets really red and irritated and I have been noticing a lot of dandruff. This is a new problem, I have never had this issue before. I have been using the dread bar soap from the dreadlocksshampoo site. I was using the patchouli bar when I first noticed this becomming an issue, so I swithced to the tea tree and there has been no improvement. Prior to me switching to using the dread shampoo bars I had always used the dread shampoo from dreadheadhq.com and I never had any issues. I am wondering if it's possible that I might be allergic to the oils or some ingredient in these dread shampoo bars? I just washed my hair two nights ago and it almost looks like I have a rash behind my ears... Any ideas or suggestions? Should I just switch back to the shampoo I used to use before I had this problem? Not sure what else would cause this... Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

updated by @audrey: 01/13/15 09:57:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i would not go back the dreadhead stuff is toxic and causes the symproms u sdescrivbe wich sounds like psiasisis or subhoric dermatitis both are caused by dreadheadhq shampoo as well as dandruff

how long have u used them..its possible theres an alergy but what u describe is typicaly caused by dreadheadhq and cured by dreadlockshampoo.

id give it a lil while longer maybe do a couple baking soda soalks

u can do an alergy test by scratching your wrist then wash the scratches with the soap andr see if theres a reaction

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

was wax or any other products ever used even jusat to start

--
Audrey
@audrey
11 years ago
2 posts

I did use wax, once, when I very first started my dreads. After I did I realized that it was a big mistake and I never touched the stuff again. It's been over two years now and I think I recovered pretty well from the wax, plus my dreads have grown out a lot since then, and I don't do any maintanance besides separating them. I have been using the dread bars for probably almost a year now, and I just started having issues with my scalp these past few months, which is why I find it odd and I suspect I might be having an allergic reaction. I ordered the naked shampoo bar and I'm going to try that and see if it makes a difference, it's unscented. I think I might try that allergy test though. Thanks.

soaring eagle said:

was wax or any other products ever used even jusat to start

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if u didnt reemove the wax there could still be wax in em causing the issue

--
Taurus ♥ ♉
@taurus
11 years ago
2 posts

you could be allergic to whatever you just switched to. or are your dreads pulling on your scalp? but dandruff usually comes & goes dreadlocks or not

Kaytea Elisabeth ☮
@kaytea-elisabeth
11 years ago
3 posts

just get tea tree oil.. 15-20 drops to 64 oz of warm water.. use your fingertips to gently massage it in after the dump

Good Luck :)

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

My daughter had a hair wrap that had a dread at the scalp. It was in her hair for quite a while and she also started getting an irritation/rash, just at the scalp where her dread was. I took her to the park 1 day and as she went down the slide it caught on the slide and ripped out. Here I was devastated in tears and she didn't feel it. Once the dread/wrap was out of her hair her scalp healed and and her hair grew back. Thank God! Be careful, I'd hate for you to lose any hair over a rash. I have skin problems as well and watch my scalp closely. Good Luck!!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form