dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My natural freeform timeline. :)

Daniel Pazo
@daniel-pazo
11 years ago
18 posts

Let's start from the beginning-

In December of 2012, I decided that I wanted to let go of the vanity I had concerning my hair for religious and spiritual reasons, so I decided to twist and rip my hair and form dreadlocks. I had about 65 super thin locks, and I was very careful about the sectioning- I wanted them to be the 'perfect' locks, which I believed to be super thin and uniform locks. After every shower I separated them thoroughly, then I would palm roll them. I was so obsessive over my locks, and I used commercial shampoo to make them smell 'clean' and 'nice', so that people didn't accuse me of being dirty. After a while though, I realised that I was just as vain about my hair as I was before having locks, so I let them go; I stopped separating and I had congos everywhere, and I never rolled them. However, I knew that this wasn't the journey for me, so I combed all of them out- it took 2 weeks to be completely knot free.

And now, several months later, I let my hair go. The progress has been extremely fast, and I have a spiritual bond with my hair. If I get compliments, I don't take it as a compliment to me, but more of a compliment to nature and the universe, since they are the ones who formed my hair- not me.

I wash my hair once a week with Dr. Bronner's Lavender, but I swim in the ocean twice a week usually, but I just rinse with fresh water afterwards and then do a rosemary tea rinse.

So without further ado- here is the timeline so far! I plan on updating as often as I can.

Day 1:

I washed my hair with Dr. Bronners to remove any residues, and to symbolise the cleansing of my spirit, and the mark of a new journey.

Week 1:

Sections formed and the bottom layer was full of tangles and matting. This was after the second wash.

Week 2:

The sections started matting up more and my ponytail already felt thicker. Every morning my hair felt different, and my length was decreasing fast. I separated them after this week's wash.

Week 3:

Not much change from the previous week. They required separating after this week's wash again.

Week 4:

By this point, there were sections and knots all over my head, including the front which is the straightest and softest part of my hair. I move a lot when I sleep, so every single morning from this point onwards I had to separate my hair. The matting is unbelievable.

Week 5:

I actually feel like they're more like locks at this point. I don't notice any change until I take pictures though- the change is mostly in the back. The amount of length I've lost is incredible.

Week 6:

The quality is poor, but I definitely think a lot has changed. Almost all of my hair is shoulder length now, whereas before it was to the middle of my back. The 'locks' are quite thick, and I counted 36 of them this week. I wash my hair once a week, but I swim in the ocean twice a week usually, but I just rinse with fresh water afterwards and then do a rosemary tea rinse

About 2 months:

I noticed quite a few changes during the second months. The amount of frizzy and loose hairs has decreased, and the locks are looking a lot more cylindrical and defined. I haven't changed my routine, except I stopped doing the rosemary tea rinses because my plants all died, and I had only been to the beach a couple times during this month as well.

3 months:

I am really impressed with the progress during this third months. I didn't notice any change until the picture was taken, because I'm currently doing my final examinations and I've been to focused on studying to care about hair. Also due to exams I have barely gone to the beach, so no salt water in them, and I still haven't done any rosemary rinses yet. Also, this month it turns out I have so many REALLY skinny locks in the front, and now pretty much my whole head has defined dreads on it, with the exception of some loose ends, as seen in the image. They also seem to feel more tight and quite heavy when I wash them. :)

updated by @daniel-pazo: 02/14/15 04:56:27AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wow thats fast progress

great timeline too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Daniel Pazo
@daniel-pazo
11 years ago
18 posts

Thank you sir. Peace :)

soaring eagle said:

wow thats fast progress

great timeline too

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

I can't believe how fast your hair progressed!! Your locks look great!

Daniel Pazo
@daniel-pazo
11 years ago
18 posts

Wow, thanks so much! :)

Brandi Wilson said:

I can't believe how fast your hair progressed!! Your locks look great!

christina bird
@c-bird
11 years ago
54 posts

OMG I never thought some one's hair could dread that fast !!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!! <3

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

The sea salt is probably helping your hair to loc so fast, WOW :) Gorgeous locs. :) Peace and blessings too you!

Daniel Pazo
@daniel-pazo
11 years ago
18 posts

Thank you Christina! :)

christina bird said:

OMG I never thought some one's hair could dread that fast !!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!! <3

Daniel Pazo
@daniel-pazo
11 years ago
18 posts

Yeah I think you're right, and when I swim I say in the water for hours on end too, so it must be doing something good. I just worry about mold from swimming too often, that's all :O. Thank you! Peace :)

CoriElaine said:

The sea salt is probably helping your hair to loc so fast, WOW :) Gorgeous locs. :) Peace and blessings too you!

Eline
@eline
11 years ago
5 posts

They look great! I also like the color fading.. these are going to be lovely :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form