Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi from Cali!

Barney Le
@barney-le
11 years ago
5 posts

Hey everyone! I have been looking through this site for a month or so and I have finally decided to join to get myself more involved with this community of people with dreads. I am currently on my third month of dreading naturally (which you can see in my photo) and to be honest I need some reassurance and encouragement. For these past three months I have just simply been washing my hair every three days with Knotty Boy's shampoo bar, using sea salt spray, and dipping my hair in a BSACV wash. However my hair is not really making any solid knots or tangles. The knots and tangles are normally only temporary and by the time I get to my next shower they kind of just loosen themselves. I should also mention that I do not run my fingers through my hair during a shower or during anytime of the day and that I do not scratch my scalp like crazy in the shower either. My question is: Am i missing something? or is my hair just dreading a lot slower than most?

Thank to anyone who replies,

Barney

updated by @barney-le: 01/13/15 09:57:34PM
Barney Le
@barney-le
11 years ago
5 posts

BSACV wash once a month*

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how are u doing the bs/acv try using it the right way and not do kb at all onlythe bs/acv

remember they must never be mixed always use seperately

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Barney Le
@barney-le
11 years ago
5 posts

I just dip my head into a bucket with the BS/ACV wash mixture, get it all around my hair, pull my hair out, let it soak for thirty minutes, and then i rinse. However, i did not know that i should not use KB. Is there and explanation for that?

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

wait, you aren't mixing the bs and acv into one thing are you?

Barney Le
@barney-le
11 years ago
5 posts

Yes i am mixing it together...is that a bad thing?

NaturalDreads01 said:

wait, you aren't mixing the bs and acv into one thing are you?

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

well. simply put, you should not be mixing them together lol. You do the bs rinse first, then once you rinse that out of your hair, then you do the acv rinse.

Barney Le
@barney-le
11 years ago
5 posts

Oh i see. That probably explains my dreading issue. Thanks man.
NaturalDreads01 said:

well. simply put, you should not be mixing them together lol. You do the bs rinse first, then once you rinse that out of your hair, then you do the acv rinse.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yes your not making baking soda wash your making carbonic acid

you could use kb but using it maybe your problem that and doing the bs acv wrong

if u do the bs acv right with no kb im certain it will help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form