dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Aloha Locks - started march 05 2013

joseph oahu
@joseph-oahu
11 years ago
2 posts

I started my dreads March 5th 2013.

I had someone section and backcomb my hair and then crochet the backcombed sections into tighter locks to begin.

I had hair that was just past chin length in the front and past shoulder length in the back, and I lost a good 2/3 of the length in the process.

I have 49 dreads now. I actually started with 44, and between "week one" photos and "1 month" photos I had the person who started my dreads take 7 of the bigger dreads around the left side of my head and in back and turn that 7 into 12, giving me 5 more dreads. I'm glad I did that as I think it will let them lay better and part better for me, and it was done early enough that no harm was done.

YOUTUBE 6 MONTHS UPDATE

updated by @joseph-oahu: 01/13/15 09:57:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well they softened up alot ..the crochet was a horible idea though making them stiff and extremely damaged and too tight to dread at all

early months you should have been trying to loosen the crochet not tighten

and shoulda been washing..did you not wash for the 1st month?

never crochet them again

they tighten on thier own forced tightening only delayed dreading drasticly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Agree with Soaring Eagle, the most common worry people have when they begin is their dreads coming loose, when that's actually good. Great timeline though, I really love watching dreads (and people) change through the weeks/months :) hope you keep us updated.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form