Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Merging two dreads to hide a horrendous part?

Shade Of Ashes
@shade-of-ashes
11 years ago
78 posts

So I have a natural part in my hair at the back of my head... it's genetically inherited (thanks Dad) and now my dreads have decided to go everywhere but there, leaving that part (and subsequently my scalp) very visible. So I'm thinking of solutions for being self-conscious about it... like merging two dreads so the part literally cannot be seen... I'll upload a photo and have you guys tell me what you think... and be honest. Brutal honesty is the best honesty and I'll love you forever for your opinions.

<--- See it? It's partially covered because I moved my hair in front of it to try and hide it. I already deleted the true picture of it. Okay, ready...set... go!

Can two dreads make a right?

<3 Demeter

<3 Deme

updated by @shade-of-ashes: 02/14/15 03:40:48AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont see it and neither can you its on the back of your head you shouldnt be looking there

look forwards not backwards and it wont matter

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

hmm weird i have same thing! hahaha im like well someone dont like it ? DONT LOOOK HAHA but at first it botherd me but now is fine by me :) but see i have a few lil short dreads much shorter than rest forming around it so i think its gunna fill in eventually tho but could if not too much wrk for ya...brush out two closed dreads joining it an re section them manually to tnr an make that go away lol maybe lol idk alot of wrk to just try it but if bothers u that mmuch could:) goodluck personally dont bother me haha

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

hahah right idea SE hahaha funny yep:)

JeffThaGreenthumb
@jeffthagreenthumb
11 years ago
13 posts

Brutal honest response: those are absolutely beautiful dreads

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

That is a cow lick. The hair grows in a circular pattern. It is very common. I have one too. The thing is....you can't change the direction your hair grows. If you merge two dreads together over that spot....your dread will not be happy. The dread will try to split into two. It will also get sore because the hair is growing in the opposite direction in which you are trying to force it. Learn to love that lil spot....or it will drive you crazy.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

I have similar, except mine are more to the front. When I first saw a picture with it, I genuinely thought it was a bald spot, I was terrified lol. It's just the way your hair is, everyone has it somewhere, don't they? Merging dreads may cover the issue, but it's the equivalent of getting plastic surgery, when the better long-term solution is to fix your mind so you don't mind it. Your dreads are beautiful, and the parting shouldn't matter. If you can help yourself realise that, it'll save you the bother :)

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

LOL that is so funny. We all three said almost the exact same thing at the same time....3 great minds that think alike huh? :D

Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

I have that too, dont sweat I guess its normal xD

Shade Of Ashes
@shade-of-ashes
11 years ago
78 posts

That's a great philosophy! Thank you.

soaring eagle said:

i dont see it and neither can you its on the back of your head you shouldnt be looking there

look forwards not backwards and it wont matter

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form