Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP! Stupid dreadlock choice!!!

Miles Brady Ayres
@miles-brady-ayres
11 years ago
1 posts

I had my hair interlocked and twisted, I had no idea what that was when I had it done 3 weeks ago. My hair isn't really dreaded, more like tied off in knots and The roots have been flipped. I am now researching a lot and have come to find that I may loose my hair due to the interlocking method. I really want to save my hair. The locktitioner who did my hair is not answering her phone and I have been trying to reach her for a week and a half now. I have no clue how she interlocked my hair but sites say it's using a crochet, I wish I was more informed about dreading before going all in and getting them done. I want my hair un-interlocked but don't even know if that is possible. Or,what if I just never maintain the locks andget them twisted or tightened again? Will I still have the possibility of bald spots,hair breakage? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I grew my hair out intentionally for 3+ years to have my hair dreaded. Now I am worried I will have to restart my hair growing. Thank you to anyone who may have some knowledge on how to save my hair!I am VERY worried.

updated by @miles-brady-ayres: 01/13/15 09:57:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

relax you dont have to shave

you can comb them out gently using lots of conditioners or olive oil

some have used knitting needles or even a fork to just pick at it

once combed out just let it dread

or

you can continue on from here worse case u wul]ill hawve weird crinklies and/or holes or gaps at each interli]ock point and those ooints will be weaker..doesnt guarantee they will break or anything just increases the chances

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Since you're early in, best thing to do is comb them out and start over. NEVER go to a salon for dreads, they almost always use harmful methods (either because they don't know any better, or because they don't care), it's a waste of money and time. Dreads don't need maintaining, maintaining often leads to damage anyway. Start over natural, or use twist and rip, or even backcomb if you want (no wax) and all you have to do then is wash your hair with a non-residue shampoo, and separate them when they start to all join together. Have a read of this so you're more informed, and if you have anymore questions, just ask:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dreading-methods

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they werent tnr they were just twisted

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form