Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to ash young dreads and question about about dreadlocks shampoo

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts

so my dread are about 2 months old and they are startring to survive the harsh water hitting them every wash. but to get good lather i need to

1. wash twice

2. be hard on my dreads. harder then i want to be

i cant use bc and acv because my mom says its too expensive so i got me a shampoo. the shampoo does clean and is residue free but it doesnt encourage the dreading process so im inking about switching to the dreadlocks shampoo liquid shampoo.

so my questions are:

1. is there a way i can get more lather with out washing twice?

2.is there i way i can get more lather without being to hard on my dreads?

3.what areyour experiances with the dreadlocks shampoo? whch one do you recomend?

also i want my hair to be dry because i think that encoureges the hair to lock. if my thoughts are wron what would you recomend which will help my hair o dread?

thanks alot!

updated by @kubilay-kapucu: 01/13/15 09:57:22PM
thomas richard greene
@thomas-richard-greene
11 years ago
12 posts

I just got the liquid because the bars didn't get my hair clean enough and its works a lot better. Your not ganna get much of a lather with this kinda shampoo. I think a lot of shampoos add a chemical to get that good lather

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Wait, how much is baking soda and ACV in Turkey? It's dead cheap in The States. I can get like, a quart of ACV for $1.50 and 4 lbs of baking soda for $3.00. Dreadlock shampoo is $15 plus shipping and Dr. Bronners is like...$12 for one of the smaller bottles?

Dreadlock shampoo is pretty awesome, though. I got a bunch of free samples awhile back, and...they all work quite well? Just pick the scent you like the best.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda and acv are too expensive?

are you living in north korea?

bs and acv are incredibly cheap to wash with

unless your buying tiny cobtainers everytime u wash

but ok

1 why do u need lather? do you know the lathering agent in most shampoos cause cancer?

2 just wash gently theres no reason to be rough on them or to wash twice jusr get em clean

3 any of the liquids are good whatever scent u like

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts

unfortunatly its almost imppossible to find BS in a big sack thing. so its expencive here. but thanks still

soaring eagle said:

baking soda and acv are too expensive?

are you living in north korea?

bs and acv are incredibly cheap to wash with

unless your buying tiny cobtainers everytime u wash

but ok

1 why do u need lather? do you know the lathering agent in most shampoos cause cancer?

2 just wash gently theres no reason to be rough on them or to wash twice jusr get em clean

3 any of the liquids are good whatever scent u like

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts

so do you think I should stick with BS? or is shampoo fine although its not a no touch thing?

Dana Thongsrisubskul said:

You might want to show your mom the difference in price between shampoo and a large box of baking soda. There's nothing less expensive than the baking soda method. If you have a store like Costco around, you can get a huge box of it and gallon jugs of ACV for just a couple dollars.

Okay so I've used both the BS/ACV and the Lockin Up Liquid Shampoo on my not yet knotted up hair. The baking soda seems to help the dreadlocks form better but I figure this is because it's also drying and damaging my hair quite a bit. It also feels like no matter how much I rinse, the baking soda is still in there. My hair comes unsectioned with the shampoo in these early stages. This is probably because it's not a no touch method so until I've got some firm knots in there I'm stuck with the BS.

Thomas above me is right about why the shampoo doesn't lather like you'd expect. Most shampoos contain sodium laureth sulfate, a detergent which causes the lather but is potentially toxic and not necessary for cleaning. It's difficult to get used to the idea that lack of foam can still clean but it can.

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts

hey thanks alot for trying! :) asking a bakery is a perfect idea! ill do that when i get the chance. my problem with it not foaming is i dont get much coverage so i have to use more shampoo then i need to.

thanks again sooooo much this is gonna help me alot!

I just looked everywhere I could think of for baking soda in Turkey and it seems you're right. Hard to find. I guess you call it Karbonat or Sodyumbikarbonat? Is there a bakery that might be able to tell you how to get it cheaply? At any rate, it's going to be really expensive to ship the dreadlock shampoo overseas but if you can afford to then go for it. If not, don't worry about foaming. Foam doesn't mean it's cleaning any better than something that doesn't foam and could be damaging your health.

Kubilay KAPUCU said:

so do you think I should stick with BS? or is shampoo fine although its not a no touch thing?

You might want to show your mom the difference in price between shampoo and a large box of baking soda. There's nothing less expensive than the baking soda method. If you have a store like Costco around, you can get a huge box of it and gallon jugs of ACV for just a couple dollars.

Okay so I've used both the BS/ACV and the Lockin Up Liquid Shampoo on my not yet knotted up hair. The baking soda seems to help the dreadlocks form better but I figure this is because it's also drying and damaging my hair quite a bit. It also feels like no matter how much I rinse, the baking soda is still in there. My hair comes unsectioned with the shampoo in these early stages. This is probably because it's not a no touch method so until I've got some firm knots in there I'm stuck with the BS.

Thomas above me is right about why the shampoo doesn't lather like you'd expect. Most shampoos contain sodium laureth sulfate, a detergent which causes the lather but is potentially toxic and not necessary for cleaning. It's difficult to get used to the idea that lack of foam can still clean but it can.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form