dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Acne due to dreads?

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Hey everyone!

I think my baby dreads are forming pretty well, thanks to all of your help! :)
However, I used to rarely get zits and now I have a lot on my forehead, and my temples. They are dry and flaky; they scab and then the scabs fall off and I'm so worried I'm going to have scars. .I haven't used any wax or product. I have had my baby dreads for almost two months, and I have had the zits for about a month and a half. I am wondering if this is normal and will calm down as my dreads mature maybe?

updated by @meg5: 01/13/15 09:57:11PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what dio u wash with are u sure they are zits not anything like psoriasis or dermatitis

wax is the cause of nearly all zits related to dreads

but could be an increase in touching the area

but more likely dietary changes

teareee oils awesome on zits though

and tea bags a warm to hot (not scolding) teabag on the area will help and teatree will help kill anything that causes them

take a lil gauze wipe put a lil teatree on it and scrub your face

if u use baking soda u may want to try dreaelockshampoo see if it clears up some have a topical alergy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

I use the baking soda/acv wash.
I've had a lot more dandruff since starting the dreading process, and wonder if that could be why I am getting zits? I just used my friend's homemade soap bar made of all natural ingredients, and I noticed that I don't have dandruff or itchiness so maybe the acne will go away with it :)

Thank you so much! Maybe I do have a topical alergy. I will definitely try the teatree oil(:
Wishing you a beautiful day!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i am not sure u should trust your friends soap

just cause its natural do t mean dread freindly

if the teatree dont work try the dreadlockshampoo,com soaps

or at least post your freinds ingredients

--
Sweet,
@sweet
11 years ago
133 posts

Maybe its your skin being irritated by the new dreads, try tying your dreads back off your face for a couple of weeks to eliminate this idea, are you wearing some kind of a dread hat of dread tube that you didn't before. Or it could be pure coincidence with a hormone change or smthing.

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

Hey Meg,
I too noticed my forehead breaking out, I'm pretty sure it was the acv. I don't know if that's possible, but I was using a bit more than I was supposed to and my forehead broke out pretty soon after I started using it. I've since scaled back the amount I use and I make sure to scrub my forehead with a cleanser and it seems to help. I haven't done any research on if acv can cause break outs or not. I do have sensitive skin, so it could have something to do with that.

Just my 2 cents.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

acv could make your skin oilier i supose so that logic makes sence

--
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

When I first started dreading I was getting sores on my head like acne, usually at the nape of my neck and they went away in time. I had never had any acne on my neck, back and almost none ever on my face..even as a teen so I thought it was odd. Maybe your wash habits changed with the lack of washing of your hair? Maybe too your hair touching your face like when you sleep? Good luck!

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Thank you all so much!
Interesting about the acv, maybe that's apart of the reason. Never even thought of that!
I am tying my hair back everyday now :) I never wear hats, but occasionally flower headbands that go around my forehead. Only a few time though.
Perhaps my skin is just getting used to the change in washing my hair(:

My friend also uses her soap on her dreads, and we both think that they've never felt this amazing! (:
I wanted to buy the soap from dreadlockshampoo, but I don't have a job and so can't :p They sound wonderful though!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form