dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Top of Head Dread Clumping?

Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

Hey everyone. I've got a question.

My dreads will be 6 months next week and the sides and back are coming along great. But the top of my head (see pic) seems to be wanting to stay in one large clump with dreads coming off.

I separate almost daily, because the sides and back cling together like kudzu (or velcro) but I don't separate down to the scalp, just keep them all from congo-ing. I cannot separate the top without pain.

I don't wear tams or hats and I only wrap a scarf around if we are going out to a store or to eat, so maybe once or twice a week for no more than a couple hours total. Around the house, I only use a shoelace to loosely keep them away from my face at meals. I sleep on my sides and I don't believe there is anything rubbing on the top of my head as I sleep.

So, my question is, should I be concerned or just go with the flow? Can I (should I) correct them now or let them correct themselves? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

updated by @kerry-loco: 01/13/15 09:57:11PM
Linus
@linus
11 years ago
43 posts

Have you tried to seperate them when they are wet? Doesnt hurt as much.

Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

Yes, its the same. My hair is rather elastic, unfortunately (?).

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

try when wet try adding a lil touch of olive oil just to the connecting hairs

id say it should be separated or it will get uncomfy

when u seperate u may want to try pulling them down around your head instead of up and to the sides? (if that makes sence)

when your pulling them to seperarte u may also be pulling up on the scalp adding to the pain

but instead if you wrap 1 over your head to the left 1 to the right (or front and back) it will pull in the connecting hairs breaking them instead of pulling on thee scalp and hurting

(ofcourse being shorts gonna make irt a lil harder i think?)

i suck with paint but lemme see if i can diagram it

see i suck but u get the idea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

No, the drawings don't suck, they're perfect. Exactly what you described. Thank you for that idea, I will definitely give it a go tomorrow when I wash my hair. Thank you very much, I will let you know what happens.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form