Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Qs about dreading fine asian hair

Kenneth
@kenneth
11 years ago
10 posts

wow man, that looks mad awesome!! Its great to see older dreadies on similar hair. A couple qs.
How often did you wash your hair? & with what?
Would bakin soda with water be a good wash on its own without the vinegar? i also have tea tree.

Kazi Khadka said:

hey dude, I've got the exact hair type as yours... and yes, it takes forever to form dreadlock in our type of hair if you choose the neglect method. All you need is great great patience.. I've been on this journey for fourteen months now and if you wanna know the progress, it is as same as the other people with 4 months. All you need to do is just don't give up. or you can backcomb or tnr if you wanna make it a little bit faster and then go through neglect method again (i wished i did that before because it's so slow process but i don't regret too..). and about the loose tips, most of my baby dreads have 3 to 4 inches of loose tips, one dread even has about 5... i wish they dreaded too but let's see..

and I had one dread done with tnr method but the tips got loosened up. I've got about 3 inches of loose tips now. But the base is getting dreaded.

check this out:
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/for-people-with-super-fi...

updated by @kenneth: 07/18/15 01:00:07AM
Kenneth
@kenneth
11 years ago
10 posts

my scalp gets pretty oily

Kazi Khadka
@kazi-khadka
11 years ago
22 posts

I wash my hair every 5 or 6 days because that's when my hair starts getting oily... you don't have to follow a specific routine.. just go and wash your hair whenever it starts getting oily because that's no good for the locking up process.. it slows down the locking process massively.. Before, I tried Dr. Bronners shampoo but it left very sticky residue in my hair... the water is slightly basic here.. so I wash with BS solution with a little more BS than soaring eagle recommended and after that I rinse my hair with ACV as recommended... and about other essential oils, I never used them (that's because I don't have them in reach and I'm too lazy to go search for it..even in internet..).. I guess that'd help..

Kenneth said:

wow man, that looks mad awesome!! Its great to see older dreadies on similar hair. A couple qs.
Would bakin soda with water be a good wash on its own without the vinegar? i also have tea tree.

Kazi Khadka said:

hey dude, I've got the exact hair type as yours... and yes, it takes forever to form dreadlock in our type of hair if you choose the neglect method. All you need is great great patience.. I've been on this journey for fourteen months now and if you wanna know the progress, it is as same as the other people with 4 months. All you need to do is just don't give up. or you can backcomb or tnr if you wanna make it a little bit faster and then go through neglect method again (i wished i did that before because it's so slow process but i don't regret too..). and about the loose tips, most of my baby dreads have 3 to 4 inches of loose tips, one dread even has about 5... i wish they dreaded too but let's see..

and I had one dread done with tnr method but the tips got loosened up. I've got about 3 inches of loose tips now. But the base is getting dreaded.

check this out:

Kenneth
@kenneth
11 years ago
10 posts

Very helpful. Would i have to rinse out with acv? cause i currently have no acv. but i do have baking soda. & its almost time for my clean. im doing the 3 days then 4 days then 5 days wash so on & so forth to start them off.

Kazi Khadka said:

I wash my hair every 5 or 6 days because that's when my hair starts getting oily... you don't have to follow a specific routine.. just go and wash your hair whenever it starts getting oily because that's no good for the locking up process.. it slows down the locking process massively.. Before, I tried Dr. Bronners shampoo but it left very sticky residue in my hair... the water is slightly basic here.. so I wash with BS solution with a little more BS than soaring eagle recommended and after that I rinse my hair with ACV as recommended... and about other essential oils, I never used them (that's because I don't have them in reach and I'm too lazy to go search for it..even in internet..).. I guess that'd help..

Kenneth said:

Kazi Khadka said:

check this out:

Kazi Khadka
@kazi-khadka
11 years ago
22 posts

Honestly, I didn't find any difference with or without ACV rinse ... I'm just doing this because the experienced fellows have been saying that it is important and you should do it.. you don't have to follow everything as precise as it is recommended here because everybody has got different circumstances, like different hair type, different water pH, different climates.. you'll discover everything on your own afterwards, what's best suited for your hair.. but make sure to try most of the things to make sure you didn't miss what's good for your hair... All the best!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form