So ive decided on starting my dread journey. Ive done my research & know that asian/fine hair are one of the more "difficult" types of hair to dread. Im really debating on some options & just really need more helpful information about dreading this type of hair.
Info about hair (if changes anything)
- alot of volume naturally
- Havent been washing with conditioner for awhile now
- mohawk about 3-4 inches wide about 5 inches tall.
To the Qs
1) What method would be best for this type of hair?
2)I have started the "twist n rip" method for the first row above my eyes but can always untangle it. should i continue with this method? (time is not a problem)
3) the base is a bit loose. is that a problem? or is it normal? healthy or not? (about half an inch from the base is a loose twist but after that half inch the hair is knotted/locked up pretty good.
4) My thin hair makes it really difficult to knot of the tips. Any helpful advice for making the process easier for the tips?
5) Would the early stages of the dread process affect me trying to get a job? what do most people think of this?
6) is it healthy to leave elastic bands at the end of the tip?
7) I love to skateboard & go to the gym thus making me sweat quite a bit. will it affect the growing process? will i have to wash my hair more often?
im sure ill have more questions after some of these are answered. keepin it to a minimum for now/
Im really trying to get this dreadhawk goin due to school startin in few days & im really committed for this journey since i just shave my hair every year. really wanted to do something new with it. Thank you dreadies in advance.
updated by @kenneth: 02/14/15 07:58:05AM