Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have to vent. I'm having difficulties Staying on a vegan diet! Help!

DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

Okay so first i should say and let it be known that I'm only vegan for my Health and fitness. I do understand the animals rights and humane way of vegan-ism but this is not that case. So if that's an issue I'm sorry. I was diagnosed with PCOS which is Poly-cystic Ovary syndrome. Exactly what it sounds like. I have Cysts on my ovaries. It's not very painful but if not taken care of it can be fatal. It causes Insulin resistance and increased androgen's (testosterone). So if i were to lose weight problems solved.

my body is gaining weight like crazy. And every single time i try to lose any weight it just wont shed. so, I'm trying to stick with a vegan diet to help lose weight. But I'm having a really hard time. the rest of my very large family are steak and potato eaters. I'm the only one that doesn't want any meat, eggs, or dairy. Also having no money in this family and not being able to get a job aren't helping any. I'm practically living off of Carrots and soy milk or toast and hummus. haha. so maybe if anyone has any ideas. or can relate that would be amazing. :) much thanks for reading this and letting me vent.

updated by @dreadfullyjaded: 02/14/15 03:18:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt take that crap the solutions simple

eat what they eat minus the meat and dairy

my parents put meat in absolutely everything so i always just ate a diferent version minus the meat (i do eat eggs and dairy though)

vegan or possibly macrobiotic would be the best food for you and no matter how poor u are theres no excuse for surviving on carrots u can get on food stamps or with a bit of study to know what to look for u can wildcraft your meals go walk outside look down

1/2 those so called weeds are good in a salad..ofcourse u ned to know which are good and wich will make u die and wich will make yiu so high youd wish youd die

in fact

once you learn a bit those weeds or common plants in your garden might be the medicine you need

ok what i suggest is getting a vegan cookbook or just bookmark a few dozen sites with vegan recipies

your not going to stick to it if you are just munching carrots..in fact you will turn orange and get sick

but if u have a variety and keep it interesting and yummy you'll never turn back

and ask your family to suport u ..not wave meet in your face

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
11 years ago
108 posts

This presentation is great, the quality is not so good and it starts abruptly but hang in there for 15 mins and you'll be getting LOADS of vital info. He shows a vial of blood from a meat and dairy eater vs. a vegan and when the blood separates the vegans blood is clear and water like while the meat/dairy eater is milky white (greasy) which is animal fat. Please watch if you care about your health.

But yes, this video will help you or anyone that comes across it stay on or get started on a healthy vegan diet. Good luck :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

false u need no extra supliments thats a lie

and u have food right u dont need a vegan store u just got to not eat meat

Britany said:

not everyone gets food stamps, and where i live its beef country we have one store with vegan options and with a family a four its incredible hard to survive, being vegan requires a lot of vitamin supplements because of the lack of nutrients yet another expense. i really think its shitty that everyone is so anti meat on this site it makes us meat eaters feel like we are bad people for surviving on whats available. i have lost plenty of weight eating meat and working out at one point i was over 200 pounds i have two kids and i am somewhere near 155 and i eat chicken and beef and fish.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

and you wouldnt need to work so hard if u just are right

every store that sells meat sells veggies as well

its cheaper to eat vegan cause meat pound for pounds way more expensive cause they have to feed that meet tons of veggies

anyone anywhere can be vegan/vegatarian with the exception of artic circle but then again humans arent really well fit to live there anyway

anywhere fit for human habitation its easy to be vegan

cause thats our natural diet we are meant to eat

as far as weight goes

ive been vegatarian since i was 16

i have never strayed more then 2 pounds from 115 till i was put on pretisone and gained 40 pounds ..and still i was in the healthy weight range

i stoppd taking it today and in a month ill be 30 pounds lighter with no excersize needed

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u said your only doing it for health reasons well

this may change all that and keep you commited

--
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Have a feeling that this is going to turn out just like how it did the last time I decided to open up this particular can of worms on this site, but hey, I'm not afraid of the interwebz vegan police...I just hate seeing people make such radical alterations to their diet for the sole purpose of shedding pounds.

You DO NOT have to go vegan in order to lose significant weight. HOWEVER, if you have an honest interest in the vegan diet/lifestyle, then why not go for it. You only live once.

Weight loss is a result of burning more Calories than you consume on a regular basis, over a period of time. Well, that's the short answer. You can have 1,200-whatever Calories of junk every day (I feel like 1,200 is standard for weight loss, but you'll need to talk to a doc about that) and feel like a lethargic bag of s!@# all the time. Or, you can have 1,200 Calories of high-energy carbs, lean proteins, fruits, and veggies, and feel even better than you did prior to starting your diet. Both methods should result in weight loss, but you'd also need to tailor your healthy diet (...you'd go with diet #2, right? Right? Haha) to your own needs. Factor in how much exercise you typically get per day, your health conditions, etc.

So you have PCOS? I'm not a doctor -- just an individual who enjoys studying health and wellness -- but I've heard that some people use diets high in soy to combat PCOS. Soy contains estrogen, and hey, it's also vegan -- yay?

And, lastbutnotleast, a fun fact. This kinda relates to my first point, and it's also for anyone on here who's previously referred to me or another omnivore as an overweight, unethical slob, etc (seriously, it got really nasty last time) --

I'm an omnivore with a plant-based diet. Lean meat is a 3-4x a week thing, while low-fat dairy is an every day thing (mm, yogurt). Fruits, veggies, and grains are all-the-time things.

I'm pretty active. I can kill a mile in about seven minutes and barely break a sweat. Can run 3-5 miles on flat terrain before getting worn out. I can do between seven and 10 pull-ups on a good day, and can pretty much hoop until the cows come home.

I eat between 1,500 and 2,000 Calories a day, and -- gasp -- have brought my BMI up to 19.5 (normal) from 18 (underweight) for the first time EVER, this year. The body mass index isn't always the best method of analyzing someone's weight, but I don't have a ridiculous amount of muscle, so it serves just fine here.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well

lets not discount fats involvement in making ppl fat

yes calories are 1 thing ..but calories are esential fuel for energy 2000 calories is typical but someone who runs marathons might need 4000 just to deal with the 2000 they burn

now heres something interesting or well odd there was a couple i saw years ago they almost ate no calories bu8t took mega doses of vitamins

thier daily excersize involved moving a finger and holding up the weight of thier heads

and they were so extremnely musclebound they looked alien (since they didnt excersize exactly some muscl groups were massibve others not) thier necks looked like tree trunks ..just from head movements

forearms were like popeye..extremely exagerated

it was scary looking

but thats just an off the wall point

back to what i was saying ..carbs being responcible is a fad a gimmik carbs are turned into sugars..sustainable sugars ..reducing carbs you can create a low blood sugar situation easily

in fact fore diabetics carbs not sugars are a way better way to regulate blood sugar cause its slow and sustained not spikes like sugars cause

but fats

meats even lean meats are high in fat content this is why heart disease clogged arteries etc are such a problem

true meat eaters and omnivores that rely on meat mostly have short intestines to eliminate the fat b4 its absorbed

its the fat content more then anything thats making ppl so fat

--
Michelle Bueno
@michelle-bueno
11 years ago
8 posts

Me and my whole immediate family have chosen to go down the vegan route for about a year now. It has changed my life in ways to deep describe right now. I lost a total of 60 pounds with just changing my diet. I'm not going to lie it is a lot easier with a support system but when you can't get it, then that's where will power, determination and strength come in. your health is more important than anything else in this world and if your family can't see that or try to help you with their support then you may have to go rouge on this one. try to have a different eating schedule than the rest of your family, look up recipes online. I promise there are tons of tasty things for vegans you just kind of have to know your way around the kitchen. Don't give up dreadfullyjaded. I promise it's well worth changing your life style for. your body is the greatest gift God gave you and you are making a good decision changing your diet.

DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

Thank you everyone for your impute this helped a lot i will look online for recipes and such I'm just about to watch all those videos. I used to live extremely vegan until me and my family moved and i really want to do it again. I'm not gonna fight about eating animals. i don't like eating animals but my entire family does. so anyway my internet time is up. and thanks again everyone! it means a lot. :D

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form