Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New to dreads and I need guidance.

Jessica Burnett`
@jessica-burnett
11 years ago
3 posts

So I have gotten the bottom half of my dreads done and I love them so far but my only worry is that I wont have a high enough dreadcount and will be unhappy. Is there any way to add synthetic dreads to my hair and they stay there like real dreads? If not is there another way to make them appear thicker? I mean the dreads I have are good size in themselves I just want to make it look like I have more. Thank You for your help.

updated by @jessica-burnett: 02/14/15 06:13:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

then have more

a mix of thick and thin u got 13 thick now add 30 or 40 thin in between

u could have over 100 dreads but 40ish is usualy a decent number just dont make em all real thicjk i woulda only made a couple in inch a dozen 1/2 inch and a c ouple more dozen 1/4 inch but if u like thicker then a few an inch and a couple dozen 1/2 inch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heaven  Caten
@heaven-caten
11 years ago
13 posts

Like soaring eagle said, mix and match! if you want an example, you can look at mine. I have some that are an in in diameter and some only a couple centimeters. I ended up with 53, and now have 54 and I think another one is on the way

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Dreads shrink and fatten up over the first year or so. Those dreads look like they have just started. Give them some time. They will get thicker.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

They'll fatten up, don't worry. But even so, new hair growth in-between dreads will eventually form their own dreads or join a dread next to it, so no worries there. When I started out, I think I have 17 or something, so I split a few in half (it was very early, so I was able to just pull them), so then I had 20-something. Now I have...I don't know, so many that it's no longer easy for me to find one particular one I may be looking for lol.

Dewy
@dewy
11 years ago
5 posts

I agree with Soaring Eagle and the others, mix and match for the win!!! Like Tara C, i dont know what my count is anymore, i keep finding little babies all over the place, then the next time i check they are full blooded dreads!

Jessica Burnett`
@jessica-burnett
11 years ago
3 posts

Thanks everyone, y'all have been lots of help guess I was paranoid they wouldn't look good. Plus I forget they take time and won't look like pictures that I look up for a few years. I'm glad I had really long hair when I started because I love the length they are I was just worried I wouldn't have enough and they would look weird. The rest should be done by this week and I will post pics of the end result. Thanks So much guys!

Jessica Burnett`
@jessica-burnett
11 years ago
3 posts

Yea I started them almost a month ago and haven't had anyone to finish the rest and I guess seeing other people pictures I was afraid they would look too far apart and look ugly.

taye said:

Dreads shrink and fatten up over the first year or so. Those dreads look like they have just started. Give them some time. They will get thicker.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont finnish the rest let the resad themselves

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sweet,
@sweet
11 years ago
133 posts

You have had the hardest ones to reach done - you could do 1 an evening while sitting on the couch watching tv, if thats what you do. If you need step by step instructions for making some dreads out of synthetic or coloured sheeps wool i can help you. It is so easy to make double ended dreads and just threading them through the top of 1 of your own dreads, they stay there as the're threaded through the root of your own dread and they r easy removed by just pulling and they slide out! If you had some more done on your own hair they would probably fill in nice, as you have layered sections on your hair right to the crown and past, so that alone will fill in the gaps more. I have this exact feeling about my dreads as there is gaps where there is no dreads, i have to really place mine nice if i want to take a pic or they r tied up most of the time to just look half descent.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form