Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks Forums

Introducing myself!

Jonathan Pasquette
@jonathan-pasquette
4 years ago
5 posts

Hello friends,

First of all a very big thank you to everyone! My name is Jonathan, I am 26, was born in the south of France and live on the east coast of England. Though I feel home sick for places I've never been.

I began my journey for many reasons; I've always wanted dreads since my early teens. I love the way they look, no two are the same and they have real personality. I feel there's nothing quite as pure. I was held back by many things, how people perceived them, the fact that my girlfriends and friends didn't share my, I want to say "understanding" of dreads, however I know that I understand/know very little about these matters. My parents and teachers put me off by talking about future job prospects and never finding myself truly accepted. I shall be the first to admit, to my shame, that I was/am very much a people pleaser. I cut my hair, shaved how oethers told me to and would stick to schedules that people wanted of me, I took the classes my parents pushed me towards and did as I was asked, even when I knew in my heart I wanted to say no and make my own choice.

Anyway, my life went on and I developed this fear which stopped me from doing anything for myself, until this year. I decided to follow my heart, I took a weekend off and got a couple of friends together and some little metal combs. To me this was symbolic, I was shedding my past, I was doing something for myself, In the weeks leading up to the weekend my girlfriend threatened to leave me if I went ahead with it, I was supported by few people in my decision and I almost didn't go ahead with it.

I have for the last 3 weeks felt so liberated and more like myself than ever before, my parents and friends suddenly apologised and Have been telling me they didn't realise how much they would suit me. And have been very curious about how to look after them and I have dispelled many dread-myths with information I have found right here.

My sections are a bit messy and some are trying to split at the roots so I may brush them out and start again (Armed with a bit more information and understanding). But I can safely say that this was the best choice for me at this point in my life, I hope now to find the courage to change my life around, make new friends and see more of the world.My girlfriend still doesn't like them and is pressuring me into getting rid of them forever, but maybe that's a sign that our paths no longer follow the same road.

Whatever happens now I can draw strength from my dreads and that I don't always have to do what is expected of me.

Lastly I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my story, and hope you enjoy your very own journeys and find your happiness. Pursue your dreams and join me in friendships across the world.

Peace.

updated by @jonathan-pasquette: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,055 posts

ask your gf if you preffered girls with a tatooed face and missing linmbs if shed amputate an arm and tatoo im a bitch on her forehead to please you..if not then why should you be expected to comb out your dreads to please her

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,055 posts

oh i wasnt implying that she was 1 lol it could be any tatoo i realized after i said that but it was well i saw an article last night about a sex addict that had tatooed some very suggestive stuff on her face as therapy since 3 husbands commited suicide and shed lost every job she ever hd due to her addiction so i guess thats why thast popped to mind lol but just could be any facial tatooo

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Tara C
@tara-c
4 years ago
645 posts

What a great introduction :) I'm glad you've finally taken the first step into doing something for yourself. I guess it was kind of similar with me, but I didn't actually know what I wanted or who I truly was until I dreaded, because I'd always been on the same path, afraid of change and afraid of judgment. Not a forced path, but one I was afraid to leave. It is definitely liberating, and I hope it's the first step for you in a long journey of happiness and freedom to be who you are.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,055 posts

very much so and was very much the same experience for me as well

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Jonathan Pasquette
@jonathan-pasquette
4 years ago
5 posts

It's nice to be doing things and not feeling as though what you're doing is going against every fibre of your being. I am so pleased to have found this site, and I look forward to sharing and hearing about other peoples journeys and the reasons for starting them. And when I have my van I plan a trip to one of the meets across the pond!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,055 posts

that would be awesome

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Dislike 0

Share This