Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlock myths debunked

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
4 years ago
173 posts

'Wow i love your hair....! How...??' - A few amazed people...

'Bob Marley' - Random people who just know that bob marley is that man who is printed on tshirts for god knows what reason...

'Come over on this side kid' - Few insecured parents when they pull their kids on the other side thinking that i may be a bad influence on them.

'Do u smoke weed' - Wannabe weed smokers (soon to be drug addicts)

'Are u an artist' - Genuinely good people doing 9 am -5 pm jobs (but internally frustrated that they couldnt be more independent themselves)

'Why dont u wash ur hair' - Some people

'How do u wash ur hair' - Most people

'Why dont u rub banana skin and curd on your hair?' - That guy who said he had dreads for 3 days. Yes u heard me right... 3 days. i dont even know what he exactly wanted me to do....!

'Baba' - Friends...

'Why is your hair long?' - Cops.....

Nice post baba.. good fun lol :D

Sweet,
@sweet
4 years ago
133 posts

Really - that blows me away that anyone would ask if dreads were undone and re done every time you showered!!!!!

soaring eagle said:

that must take a long time to undo them and redo them everytime you take a shower

hey you you must know where i can score some drugs

you know girls only like guys with short hair clean cut and conservative

you know you'll have to cut them when spiders lay eggs in them

oh ofcourse theres the urban legend that bob marley had 38 undiscovered species of bugs in his dreads when he died (like man that would rather die then lose a toe would ever alow an autopsy)

so what you just put peanutbutter and eggs and toothpaste in your hair and it turns out like that?

Sweet,
@sweet
4 years ago
133 posts

"Dreadlocks r spiritual"

updated by @sweet: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Sweet,
@sweet
4 years ago
133 posts

"Oh the Bob Marley style"

Sweet,
@sweet
4 years ago
133 posts

"Oh you've gone Reggae" Really don't like that 1! Hate when told I have the Bob Marley style but love it when people say that dreadlocks are spiritual.

To Live Is To Dye
@to-live-is-to-dye
4 years ago
10 posts

I was told by someone who never had dreads I wasn't a "real dreadie" because " true dreadies have all done acid!!"

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
4 years ago
1,302 posts

The myth I hate the most is that dreadlocks are filthy and we never or rarely wash our hair. Plain stupidity and ignorance......I don't take it personal though, we are all ignorant about something until we learn about it!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
4 years ago
1,302 posts

All true dreadies have not done acid, but Hippies is another story.....am I a Hippie?......well.......

EtherealMaterials said:

I was told by someone who never had dreads I wasn't a "real dreadie" because " true dreadies have all done acid!!"

To Live Is To Dye
@to-live-is-to-dye
4 years ago
10 posts

I dont even think all true hippies have either. Not that I consider myself one but I was unaware there was a checklist of requirements to be considered a certain label lol

☮ jimmy ✝
@jimmy
4 years ago
25 posts

I'm a hippie . . . never done acid. only natural stuff: grass and shrooms. I don't like man made chemicals; those are drugs, and drugs are bad. Nature comes from the Almighty God, and as such are NOT drugs. Grass is much healthier than shrooms, though, unless you know what you are doing and have at least one or two friends around, more if possible, and don't use shrooms at all if you are tense or anxious at the time; only trouble will come of that.

updated by @jimmy: 07/23/15 03:54:36AM

/ 3

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form