Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Yay for baby dreads!

WC~baby~dreads
@wcbabydreads
11 years ago
8 posts

Hey everyone! I just started my dready journey on July 31st! they are a week old!!!

So anyways a little about me, I have been married for 7 years, have two beautiful babes, and am a mostly stay at home mom other than the birth support work that I do which is always on call ;)

So I am a doula and a natural childbirth educator :)

I started dreads because I love the natural way they look and honestly am incredibly unimaginative and non experimental where my hair comes and I love how low maintenance dreads are! (it really is sad because I am a hairdresser by certification but am really only good with other peoples hair hahaha)

I lurked around here for a bit getting some knowledge before I went for it and decided that twist and rip would work best for how I wanted them to look and with my hair type and everything :)

I started a blog with the journey for fun, you can see it here if you like , only a few pics so far though :)

gonna go start a thread with questions :)

updated by @wcbabydreads: 01/13/15 09:56:23PM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Hi and welcome :) if you need anymore information, feel free to ask at any time, there's loads of experience and support available here. I wish you well on your dread journey!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

theres a natural birth group here (i think) if not create 1 on the new beta site (the groups are way improved there) i am pretty sure theres a natura; parentimg forum there anyway

if not 1 ca be added

but bout the dreads..stop twisting the ends they are fine as is and retwisting or re-tnring will only set progress back to day 1

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

That is wonderful that you took the journey using a healthy method. So many hairdressers encourage the crochet hook to start dreadlocks. Many changes will happen within the next year or two. Don't worry when your sections loosen and even if some T&R fall out, that should happen. Did I ever send you this post: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-to-expect It lets you know what to expect with twist & rip dreads. This may answer many of your questions.....peace

WC~baby~dreads
@wcbabydreads
11 years ago
8 posts

thanks! I just read that post actually a few minutes ago :)...what is the new beta site

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

go up to where it says home at the top, hover over that and underneath it will say Dreadlocksite 3.0. That is the new one still getting the kinks worked out of it. Soaring Eagle created it to work better with mobile phones etc. Once it is all completed, the two sites will merge into one. Go ahead and join up there now if you want, or just wait for the two to merge....peace

WC~baby~dreads said:

thanks! I just read that post actually a few minutes ago :)...what is the new beta site

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com

the 2 will merge into 1 in a couple months

create an account using the same login info

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
WC~baby~dreads
@wcbabydreads
11 years ago