Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Time to the Line. 4.5 Month Update. :p

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
11 years ago
59 posts

Hey guys its been a while since I could get on here, My laptop charger broke but it's all good now. I just wanted to post an update. I've been dreading for a month and some odd days, or weeks. I honestly can't remember lol. But here's what I got so far.

A view from the side

I couldn't get a good one of the back but here's what I got.

Just a few I've singled out that are doing pretty good. I almost wondered if they're locking up too fast, and leaving all the loose hairs out. Also wondering if they'll thicken up quiet a bit. They seem awfully skinny to me. Anyway, there they are so far. Thanks guys. :)

4.5 months. :) Lovin it. I'll add more pics when I'm off work this weekend.

updated by @shane-northern: 02/14/15 01:26:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they dont seem skinny to me but yea they will thicken alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shane Northern
@shane-northern
11 years ago
59 posts

Awesome! That's great to know :). They were just a lot fatter before. Thinned up quiet a bit when all the loose hairs flew out. The back is finally sectioning out though. Super happy about that.

soaring eagle said:

they dont seem skinny to me but yea they will thicken alot

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Shane, glad you were able to post pics. I need to update also, have so many pics from the last few months but no cord to the computer...soon.....Anyways, your dreads once mature will become the thickness of where the section of hair meets the scalp. So if that area is 1 inch, your future mature dread will be one inch thick. They are skinnier now because they have not done their thing yet. They must loop and shrink, knotting as they go, becoming awesome dreads.

Your journey is great so far, enjoy the wild ride...peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if u backcomb they look like puffy sausages when loose then thin up as they dread then thicken as they mature

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shane Northern
@shane-northern
11 years ago
59 posts

Thanks a lot. Some of mine are really tight, that's what worries me, but I've got a few that are just starting to go crazy. So we'll see whats to come after that :). And I hope you get a chord soon! I love seeing peoples updates.

the Barrellady said:

Hi Shane, glad you were able to post pics. I need to update also, have so many pics from the last few months but no cord to the computer...soon.....Anyways, your dreads once mature will become the thickness of where the section of hair meets the scalp. So if that area is 1 inch, your future mature dread will be one inch thick. They are skinnier now because they have not done their thing yet. They must loop and shrink, knotting as they go, becoming awesome dreads.

Your journey is great so far, enjoy the wild ride...peace

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
11 years ago
59 posts

Well...I used TnR but they still looked like puffy sausages lmao. I guess they're right where they need to be then. Thank you so much man. Some of mine are going crazy right now, seem to be getting crazier as the day progresses. It's so crazy watching em loop up and curl up all kinds of stuff.

soaring eagle said:

if u backcomb they look like puffy sausages when loose then thin up as they dread then thicken as they mature

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I did a few thin ones too tight, not knowing what I have learned since starting them. They are the only ones that are not close to mature dreads. Those will dread in time, but will take much longer because they are unable to loosen and knot differently. ...peace

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

They do thicken up over time, they get to the size of the section of hair at the root. They don't look too thin to me at all :) dreading up very nicely. The loose hairs the dreads leave out will form their own dread.

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
11 years ago
59 posts

Sweet, and thank you I cant wait. I think I'm gonna have some fatties in the back of my head. That'll be awesome. I'm hopin they all turn out different sizes and such. Also...do you guys think that sleeping with a wooly hat on will help or hinder anything? I say this cause I catch myself playing with my hair a lot when I'm kind of in "limbo" coming out of sleep and such.

Tara C said:

They do thicken up over time, they get to the size of the section of hair at the root. They don't look too thin to me at all :) dreading up very nicely. The loose hairs the dreads leave out will form their own dread.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form