Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

washing frequency

☮ jimmy ✝
@jimmy
4 years ago
25 posts

Is Mon / Wed / Fri too frequent? I washed last Fri and again today. I'm not sure whether "every 2-3 days" means "days not washed" or "every second or third day". I just need a little clarification. Being disabled, bathing is a chore, so I tend only to wash when I've been to physical therapy gym on M/W/F (typically). For the last 9 or 10 months, I've tended to bathe only once or twice a week (no, I don't let myself get smelly), there times max.

Peace

updated by @jimmy: 01/13/15 09:56:20PM
☮ jimmy ✝
@jimmy
4 years ago
25 posts

Answering my own question, it sounds as if washing every other day during the week (at the beginning stage at least) will be fine. I am more likely to wash once or twice a week though; my scalp has dramatically decreased its sebum production, so that makes sense to me . . . I would just like some confirmation of this. I know that once I start knotting up and dreads begin to form, I will need to wash less and less frequently to allow them to dry completely and avoid mold.

Can anybody confirm this?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,921 posts

yup u answered your own question

2-3 times a weeks fine

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
☮ jimmy ✝
@jimmy
4 years ago
25 posts

Thanks for confirming it.

The hair on the back of my head is sectioning into what looks like will be nice locs, while the top/front/side are still pretty loose, but I can see where sections are trying to form and it is certainly tangly. I don't want to touch it too much right now so it can do its thing, with the wind, my pillow, etc.

It's only been 5 days but it looks like progress to me! Wish I had a camera other than my cell phone.

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form