Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

White strands of hair in dreads

Linus
@linus
4 years ago
44 posts

Nope, dry as hell lol. I need to sleep now, cya later.


updated by @linus: 07/22/15 07:19:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,920 posts

oh yikes yes that could its an acid after all wich may have partialy dissolved yoyr hair

trivia

a bone put in acv for 24 hours becomes like rubber

and egg will bounce

yea im guessing u fried your hair listening to the wrong advice




--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Ahmed Abdellah
@ahmed-abdellah
4 years ago
8 posts

I have the same problem, lots of damaged white hair in dreads that mostly face the sun, not sure what damaged them like that, I leave ACV only for 5 minutes...

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
4 years ago
1,302 posts

Yikes, sorry to hear about your bad advice concerning the ACV. In the beginning, ACV should be rinsed out within one minute, then with mature dreads, it should only stay in for about 3 minutes to condition the dreads. so this may be what caused the problem for you. Think of pickles or boiled eggs inside of a jar with the juice, which largely consists of vinegar. The vinegar dissolves the egg shell over time, softens the skin of cucumbers turning them into pickles. I don't think there is a repair for this, but I know you can stop it from happening further by not resorting to leaving on ACV anymore. I wish it was only grey hairs! Hope you share your new knowledge with others you know.....peace

Linus wan said:

Yeah but then i have to order from the us.

If you leave in the ACV without washing it out, could this be the result from doing that? Someone told me you shouldnt wash it out so i did that the first year or so.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
4 years ago
1,302 posts

Ahmed, you are only 2 months into your journey. The ratio for ACV is 1-2 capfuls of ACV mixed with 5 cups of water. Pour over wet hair once you rinsed out the shampoo or BS, then rinse it out right away or within one minute tops....Don't leave it in longer than that, 5 minutes is too long.....peace

Ahmed Abdellah said:

I have the same problem, lots of damaged white hair in dreads that mostly face the sun, not sure what damaged them like that, I leave ACV only for 5 minutes...

Ahmed Abdellah
@ahmed-abdellah
4 years ago
8 posts

Oh, that's outdated, they're 1 year old now, pretty mature, I do 1:10 ACV/water, I will try to leave it for less.

Would staying in sun for long periods cause such damage also?

the Barrellady said:

Ahmed, you are only 2 months into your journey. The ratio for ACV is 1-2 capfuls of ACV mixed with 5 cups of water. Pour over wet hair once you rinsed out the shampoo or BS, then rinse it out right away or within one minute tops....Don't leave it in longer than that, 5 minutes is too long.....peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
4 years ago
1,302 posts

No, if your hair is healthy, sunshine is fine for you. I am not sure on the ratio percentage but it is 3 1/2 tablespoons to 5 cups water.....peace Ahmed, have a great day

Ahmed Abdellah said:

Oh, that's outdated, they're 1 year old now, pretty mature, I do 1:10 ACV/water, I will try to leave it for less.

Would staying in sun for long periods cause such damage also?

the Barrellady said:

Ahmed, you are only 2 months into your journey. The ratio for ACV is 1-2 capfuls of ACV mixed with 5 cups of water. Pour over wet hair once you rinsed out the shampoo or BS, then rinse it out right away or within one minute tops....Don't leave it in longer than that, 5 minutes is too long.....peace

 
 / 2
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form