Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What do I do with long strays?

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

I'm 10 days away from my 6 month mark. (other than sections I've seen no real progress) I'm starting to see and feel these long, thin, very straight stray hairs popping out. They are significantly longer than the rest of my hair, which leads me to believe that they are thin strands trying to escape my head, but are hanging on by a thread? they were originally done with T&R but all of that came undone soon after it was done.

They look ridiculous, I feel like they are too fragile to last the process of getting sucked up into a dread, so do I leave them alone? or just help them escape?

One of them is secured, but still looks ridiculous because it's so much longer than the rest of my hair.

updated by @premo: 01/13/15 09:56:16PM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I think you just leave them and when they dread they will shrink, or they will stay longer, it is quite common to have dreads of all different lengths.

peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Ha, so many changes will happen, so many lengths will happen...changes changes changes. Don't worry about a thing. Dreading can take 1-2 years. There is so much that goes on with the hair and sections during the maturing stages. It will all be fine once it finishes. Here is a pic of mine at 1 year & 1 week, check out the different lengths. It has all dreaded up since then.....Sorry the pic is so big....

updated by @the-barrellady: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

you can also give those long stays names while they are still hanging around

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

thanks for the feedback :) My thinner stray in the picture is now gone, he left almost as quickly as he came..but the bigger longer stray, he's very sturdy and I did in fact give it a name! (Andy Warhol) There is a definite matted knot in it, so I think he's here to stay. Thanks again for the feedback. It's appreciated.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form