dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just getting started....

Megan Hickerson
@megan-hickerson
11 years ago
5 posts

Hi everybody!

So glad I decided to do this and so glad I found this sight. I am currently only 3 days or so into the process (used the TnR method to get started but now just letting it do it's own thing) and my hair is an absolute mess at the moment, but to be quite honest i really don't care. I have always hated my hair due to it being so thick/curly/frizzy but none of it really matters to me anymore. I have caught the usual crap from people who just don't understand but it's whatever. Dreading is a process as is life...it generally gets messy before it makes any sense.

updated by @megan-hickerson: 01/13/15 09:56:15PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

That's the perfect attitude. Locks just take time. After the first TnR session, you don't have to do anything except wash 2-3 times a week, and separate them from congoing together. Have you looked through the timeline forums yet? That'll give you a good idea of how they will progress over the next few weeks/months/years. On average, it takes about 1 full year for mature locks to form. And for most people, the 4th month is usually the messiest.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

messy is a matter of perspective ppl will think its messy no matter what u do

in combed hair some may think its messuy if just a few hairs are out of place hanging in your face or if the wind blows and a few hairs are no longer lined up in perfect lines

with dreads its only magnified by bias they think dreads are dirty or gross so anything out of thier idea of perfect order is just all the more glaringly disorderly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Megan Hickerson
@megan-hickerson
11 years ago
5 posts

Yeah I've looked through it some. I've looked through just about everything on this site haha. You guys are awesome. I learned a lot and had a lot of questions answered just by checking out the discussions.

Baba Fats said:

That's the perfect attitude. Locks just take time. After the first TnR session, you don't have to do anything except wash 2-3 times a week, and separate them from congoing together. Have you looked through the timeline forums yet? That'll give you a good idea of how they will progress over the next few weeks/months/years. On average, it takes about 1 full year for mature locks to form. And for most people, the 4th month is usually the messiest.

Megan Hickerson
@megan-hickerson
11 years ago
5 posts

This is true. I guess everything is a matter of perspective. Anytime somebody tries to say anything to me about my hair I just take it as an opportunity to teach them what I know and dispel whatever lies they might have been told.

soaring eagle said:

messy is a matter of perspective ppl will think its messy no matter what u do

in combed hair some may think its messuy if just a few hairs are out of place hanging in your face or if the wind blows and a few hairs are no longer lined up in perfect lines

with dreads its only magnified by bias they think dreads are dirty or gross so anything out of thier idea of perfect order is just all the more glaringly disorderly

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I bet for the first time you will love your hair when it is all dreaded up. Your original hair is wild and crazy all on its own, it'll dread real quick I bet. Then no more frizz or anything, just the hair you were always meant to have. Have a wild ride getting there...and beat that drum on the way......peace

Megan Hickerson
@megan-hickerson
11 years ago
5 posts

Thank you! I know I will love it and that is something I thought I would never say haha. I am just embracing the process and have already learned things just these few days in. I find it very important to just be real and this is just taking that to the next level. Thanks so much for the encouragement. Another reason I love this sight.

the Barrellady said:

I bet for the first time you will love your hair when it is all dreaded up. Your original hair is wild and crazy all on its own, it'll dread real quick I bet. Then no more frizz or anything, just the hair you were always meant to have. Have a wild ride getting there...and beat that drum on the way......peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form