Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

homemade dread bead

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

This a bead I made a little while ago, just thought I'd share it. I really like it, it is made from australian Sandal wood, it doen't have the scent of Indian sandal, but has similar properties. I like the detail in the grain from all angles. I havn't had time lately to make more but I will, and have a nice collection of wood when I do gt time.

peace

updated by @tim5: 02/14/15 11:34:08AM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Respects... :D NEAT.....!!!!

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Looks good Tim :)

Mahesa Wong Anabrang
@mahesa-wong-anabrang
11 years ago
16 posts

is it okay to wash your dread while wearing the beads? and what about the other accessories such as dread wraps?

Drea Starwillow
@drea-starwillow
11 years ago
4 posts

Make these and sell/gift them!! I've been looking everywhere to find nice wooden beads with large enough holes! It's beautiful and I wanna put it in my hair! <3

erica Cossins
@erica-cossins
11 years ago
2 posts
Nice bead dude. I live in northern nsw and if you would ever like to sell a few beads like that I would love to buy then
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
How did you round the edges of the hole like that? It looks really smooth and well made :) good job man. Peace
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Thanks Jayke. Rasp, wood file, then 8 grades of sandpaper. Because sandalwood has a high oil content it polishes quite well with wet and dry sandpaper 2000 grit. It clogs the paper so bad though.

peace

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I've never wrapped a dread. But I wash my hair with the beads in, because I soak the beads in oil until they are saturated I dont think they take on any water. I put them in grapeseed oil (also excellent for wooden chopping boards) until they sink.

Mahesa Wong Anabrang said:

is it okay to wash your dread while wearing the beads? and what about the other accessories such as dread wraps?

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

thanks. I'll post when I make some.

peace

erica Cossins said:

Nice bead dude. I live in northern nsw and if you would ever like to sell a few beads like that I would love to buy then
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form