Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

homemade dread bead

Tim5
@tim5
5 years ago
359 posts

This a bead I made a little while ago, just thought I'd share it. I really like it, it is made from australian Sandal wood, it doen't have the scent of Indian sandal, but has similar properties. I like the detail in the grain from all angles. I havn't had time lately to make more but I will, and have a nice collection of wood when I do gt time.

peace

updated by @tim5: 02/14/15 11:34:08AM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
5 years ago
173 posts

Respects... :D NEAT.....!!!!

CoriElaine
@corielaine
5 years ago
174 posts

Looks good Tim :)

Mahesa Wong Anabrang
@mahesa-wong-anabrang
5 years ago
17 posts

is it okay to wash your dread while wearing the beads? and what about the other accessories such as dread wraps?

Drea Starwillow
@drea-starwillow
5 years ago
4 posts

Make these and sell/gift them!! I've been looking everywhere to find nice wooden beads with large enough holes! It's beautiful and I wanna put it in my hair! <3

erica Cossins
@erica-cossins
5 years ago
2 posts
Nice bead dude. I live in northern nsw and if you would ever like to sell a few beads like that I would love to buy then
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
5 years ago
118 posts
How did you round the edges of the hole like that? It looks really smooth and well made :) good job man. Peace
Tim5
@tim5
5 years ago
359 posts

Thanks Jayke. Rasp, wood file, then 8 grades of sandpaper. Because sandalwood has a high oil content it polishes quite well with wet and dry sandpaper 2000 grit. It clogs the paper so bad though.

peace

Tim5
@tim5
5 years ago
359 posts

I've never wrapped a dread. But I wash my hair with the beads in, because I soak the beads in oil until they are saturated I dont think they take on any water. I put them in grapeseed oil (also excellent for wooden chopping boards) until they sink.

Mahesa Wong Anabrang said:

is it okay to wash your dread while wearing the beads? and what about the other accessories such as dread wraps?

Tim5
@tim5
5 years ago
359 posts

thanks. I'll post when I make some.

peace

erica Cossins said:

Nice bead dude. I live in northern nsw and if you would ever like to sell a few beads like that I would love to buy then
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form