Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural birth control...

Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
I just went off birth control for the first time in 6 years.. Natural methods?
updated by @elaine-crittenden: 02/14/15 04:45:38AM
jodi
@jodi
11 years ago
14 posts

well done for quitting those horrible chemicals, have you looked into Fertility Awareness Method? Its about charting your cycle and understanding when you are at your most and least fertile and taking precautions/ abstaining as needed. There is a good website and book where you can chart your temperature changes and come to understand your ownbody's rhythm and signs- including mood changes etc- much more natural and helpful than popping pills-

http://www.tcoyf.com/

hope its a help,

all the best

x

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

I think the best way would be to chart your cycle, as Jodi said.. When you think about it, there is no such thing as a "natural" birth control(outside of charting your cycle), because it is withinin your nature as a human being to have offspring.. I'm not saying that I doubt the existence of something that could cause some type of birth control effect, but in saying so it would more than likely be slightly toxic to your body. Much love and peace to you :D!

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

What's wrong with condoms?

Mary6
@mary6
11 years ago
9 posts

Copper IUDs are non hormonal (aka Paragard). They can be expensive, but they can last up to 12 years. I don't know if that's what you mean by natural, but really birth control in general isn't natural. And be aware that tracking your cycle (aka NFP/FAM) isn't anywhere near 100% (it's actually at about 75% with most women).

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Cross you legs really tight....

Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
1. Not funny2. I'm allergic to latex and alternatives can get expensive.3.I had an iud super uncomfortable.
Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
I will check out the book thanks!
Mary6
@mary6
11 years ago
9 posts

Have you checked into cervical sponges? They're not terribly expensive, but you have to keep them in for about 6 hours after you've had sex. The failure rate is still pretty high, but it's another option.

Mary6
@mary6
11 years ago
9 posts

Also, female condoms are made of synthetic latex, which usually doesn't cause a reaction because it doesn't contain the natural substance.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form