Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hard water

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

im pretty sire i have hard water and was wondering if there is anything i could get that i could use in it i already use bs/acv

updated by @jedi-dreads: 01/13/15 09:56:04PM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

dreadlockshampoo.com (advertised on this site) is the only dread shampoo that I know of that is made specifically for use in hard water. I use it and love it, we have hard water and it washed out sooo easily and washes really well. Use the liquid for new dreads and the bars for mature, although the liquid is fine for new and mature.

peace

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

does the liqud need to be diluted

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

no, its just used like normal shampoo.

peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hard water does suck, I have hard well water. Yes, I also use www.dreadlockshampoo.com and it works fantastic. No residue builldup or yucky feeling. The liquid form is a locking up shampoo, great for beginning dreads. The bars are great for mature dreads. All you do is put it on your fingertips and rub the scalp, when you rinse it out it will run through the rest of your hair.

If you would still like to use BS & ACV, which I did my entire first year, then you can do either thing here:

• use bottled water to mix the BS with, I buy cooler jug size, much cheaper and lasts forever
  • or you can boil the tap water first, let it cool down, the sediments will sink to the bottom. Pour out the water slowly to leave the sediments behind and mix the BS into it. I am too lazy to do this...
  • You can use tap water for the ACV, just the BS does not dissolve properly

I tried a few different things and always found a residue build up due to the water, so choices are limited. The liquid shampoos cost $15 each and last very long. You can purchase 3 I think before the shipping charges go up. If you go on the site, just keep adding on items if you want to see when it goes up in cost.

Hope this helps you out, if not, give me a shout.....peace

updated by @the-barrellady: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

from that map i definitely have hard water here in texas my main thing is its not easy buyin things offline was hoping i could find something in a store i could get

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/oktxdreadies 37 members

Hi again, this is a group from your state, perhaps if you join it, you can certainly ask one of them about where they purchase products from a store in your area. Most of them, if not all of them would have the same water type as you

Good luck and peace

Moon Raven
@moon-raven
11 years ago
32 posts

I have hard water & the shampoo from dreadlockshampoo is wonderful & the great smell last for days in your hair.

Blessings

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form