Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Smelly hair

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

And which EO's? Certain ones can get rid of funk better than others. Lemon, for example.

Your scalp is going to take a while to acclimate to the new norm for washing your hair. Some newbies hair freak out with dandruff, others with oil, and others with extreme funk. Some people don't have any problems at all. It does require patience.

updated by @angel-frye: 07/23/15 08:16:59AM
Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
The eos. I used lavender oil
«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

I would definitely try out rosemary, peppermint, & tea tree altogether. My hair smells amazing. Even 3 days after washing, it might not smell like the EO's any longer, but it smells great. It's an investment ($15-30) but these 3 oils are the most popular (lavender is too) for treating the scalp for many different conditions and their aroma together is sensational. (don't overdo oils though otherwise both your scalp & other people will be complaining. I do 10 drops of rose, 10 drops of pepper, & 5 drops of tea tree)

I also don't wash out the EO's, I put them in half a pitcher of cold-as-I-can-get water and rinse my hair right after shampooing with either BS/ACV or bars. BS/ACV gives me the best results, but if I don't have the EO's it's hell with itching and just doesn't smell as nice.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi there. After 3 weeks of the neglect method, you would not have smelly hair washing it 2-3 times a weeks, even four. Since it is not locked up, it would dry properly. Did not read anywhere if you are going to bed with a wet head? Or wearing a hat with a wet head? If you are not doing either one, then it could be your diet, what you are eating. Especially if you just changed your eating habits. I once had a friend that took garlic pills daily, and ended up smelling like garlic up close. Sometimes when a person changes their eating habits, the toxins start to sweat out of the body.......Just a thought......

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
I'll try them as soon as I can thanks!!!
Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
ll TRy that as soon as I can thank!
Pete
@pete
11 years ago
67 posts

I had very baby hair type of smell, it was very horrible.

It can come from clean food, or whatever it is called , etc: Onions, and garlic causes hair to smell.

Pete
@pete
11 years ago
67 posts

Garlic causes your sweat to smell terrible.

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
I don't so wait her but didn't change my diet as well. I eat lots of meat and salad drink cola etc. the salad has onions but not enough to make me smell

the Barrellady said:

Hi there. After 3 weeks of the neglect method, you would not have smelly hair washing it 2-3 times a weeks, even four. Since it is not locked up, it would dry properly. Did not read anywhere if you are going to bed with a wet head? Or wearing a hat with a wet head? If you are not doing either one, then it could be your diet, what you are eating. Especially if you just changed your eating habits. I once had a friend that took garlic pills daily, and ended up smelling like garlic up close. Sometimes when a person changes their eating habits, the toxins start to sweat out of the body.......Just a thought......

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Haha well I guess everyone smells differently :D I changed the way I wash mine today. Instead of 25 I washed for 20 mins. Also instead of massaging my scalp I washed my itching my scalp maybe a bit too hard. And also rinsed at least twice as long. My mom says I don't smell like anything now! Yay!

Heidi said:

At around 4 weeks, my hair started smelling distinctly like a wet dog after I would wash it! I use dreadlock shampoo bars and even tea tree and peppermint EOs. I don't have a dog and I still don't know why my hair smelled like that. It went away after about a month. I am guessing it was some weird thing my scalp was going through, adjusting to the new washing routine. But wet dog? It was pretty nasty, lol. I am guessing if you keep washing regularly with your shampoo bars and rinsing with water and EO, the smelliness will pass.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form