Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Smelly hair

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
I'm almost 3 weeks in and I have always washed my hair with bs and act. So I asked my mom how my hair smells after 1 day I washed my hair. She said I smelled horrible. I asked my sister too nd she said the same thing. But it's different then having dirty hair smell. It only is obvious when she smells it and not when she is close to me. Help please! The thing I told my mom that wouldn't happen is happening :(Like I said I only washed with bs a nd access but I cut the access out since the last two washes to have drier hair. Also I get My shampoo in a few days. Do u guys think the shampoo will resolve my problem?Thanks a bunch guys...
updated by @kubilay-kapucu: 02/14/15 04:17:02AM
Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Auto correct -.- not access acv...
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

How have you started your dreads? Natural or have you used any methods? What is the smell like? I would've been inclined to say mold, but after three weeks, that doesn't seem likely at all, so I'm not sure. Maybe with more info someone might have an idea.

I've been told you don't want to do the baking soda without the apple cider vinegar afterwards though, so I'd carry on using both.

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Ok so I asked my mom and sister about how my hair smelled and they said that it smelled like me working out and not showering. It's a sour smell like sweat. Well I never had a problem like this with my hair or body before so it's not a problm with me. Umm I do sweat because its hot but not enough to smell like I work out pulse my body doesn't smell. It can't be mold because its only 3 weeks. It barly is sparating let alon dreading. What else do u guys need to know???Also I've asked a few people and they said 2-3 washes wound be a problem so that's why I'm not upswing it. Thanks for the help!
Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Oh and it's neglect method :)

Tara C said:

How have you started your dreads? Natural or have you used any methods? What is the smell like? I would've been inclined to say mold, but after three weeks, that doesn't seem likely at all, so I'm not sure. Maybe with more info someone might have an idea.

I've been told you don't want to do the baking soda without the apple cider vinegar afterwards though, so I'd carry on using both.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

How often are you washing your hair then? Two are three times a week is good because hair loves to dread, and dreads love water. But too much washing when dreads are formed can increase the risk of mold, so it's a good balance between the two.

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
That's what I do... 3 times a week. There has been only one week which I washed 4 times but once and nothing more than that...

Tara C said:

How often are you washing your hair then? Two are three times a week is good because hair loves to dread, and dreads love water. But too much washing when dreads are formed can increase the risk of mold, so it's a good balance between the two.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

I went through that stage, too. I highly recommend putting up to three drops of an EO(essential oil) in your baking soda water. It's the only way I could get through it. EO's are amazing. Lavender, sage, basil, orange, you name it. You can use almost any EO. Just look up it's properties, first, to make sure it's skin worthy and safe. Basil will make your scalp tingle. That's when you know to rinse it really well. Use your fingertips on the scalp!!

www.mosalu.etsy.com has some great dready soaps. Natural EO's in them. Not too moisturizing but just enough once your locks get started really good that you can use Mosalu once a week or so to give yourself a break from the baking soda.

HAIR GROWTH Healthy Scalp Shampoo Bar All Natural Nourishing and Conditioning -

CITRUS DREADLOCKS Healthy Scalp DREAD Shampoo Bar All Natural Nourishing and Conditioning Citrus Scent

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
The problem is I've already tried that :( doesnt work.

Angel Frye said:

I went through that stage, too. I highly recommend putting up to three drops of an EO(essential oil) in your baking soda water. It's the only way I could get through it. EO's are amazing. Lavender, sage, basil, orange, you name it. You can use almost any EO. Just look up it's properties, first, to make sure it's skin worthy and safe. Basil will make your scalp tingle. That's when you know to rinse it really well. Use your fingertips on the scalp!!

www.mosalu.etsy.com has some great dready soaps. Natural EO's in them. Not too moisturizing but just enough once your locks get started really good that you can use Mosalu once a week or so to give yourself a break from the baking soda.

HAIR GROWTH Healthy Scalp Shampoo Bar All Natural Nourishing and Conditioning -

CITRUS DREADLOCKS Healthy Scalp DREAD Shampoo Bar All Natural Nourishing and Conditioning Citrus Scent

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

The EO's or the dready soap?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form