Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Young Dreads and Water

Timothy Mission Almeida
@timothy-mission-almeida
11 years ago
3 posts
How often can dreads get wet in their early stage, say the first 3 to 6 months? Reason being is I live near water, LOVE the ocean and swim often. I have been naturally letting my hair form for 3 months and everything is going amazingly well. Just letting it dread on it's own. I wash anywhere from 1 to 3 times a week, depending on how much I go in the water, and also need to rinse my hair with straight water sometimes because I train Martial Arts 3 to 4 times a week, so sometimes I need to just rinse the sweat out. Like I said, everything I've been doing or better yet, NOT doing, is working great. Any thoughts are appreciated. Much Love. Peace.
updated by @timothy-mission-almeida: 01/13/15 09:55:56PM
Timothy Mission Almeida
@timothy-mission-almeida
11 years ago
3 posts

My friend the Barrell Lady helped me with this topic a few months ago, but I'm just following up with some more questions. AND i don't swim year round. ONly Summer months here in NY. Thanks again!

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

As far as I know, continue washing with shampoo 1 or 2 times a week, 3 if you need it and rinse out after you've been swimming and stuff... by the sounds of it youre washing very regular because of sports or swimming or whatever... after sports I don't think you really need to worry about it in fact I'm sure I read somewhere that sweat can be good for dreads but best look that up before taking it as fact.

I think as a general rule just make sure your dreads are not wet when you sleep, and are dry between washes. Hope that helps a bit good luck with your journey =]

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

You should try and sync your washing days with your training. If dreads stay wet for too long, and they will be wet on the inside even if they feel dry on the outside (when mature at least), it runs the risk of developing mold. Treat your babies as if they are mature so you are well used to the routine.

Timothy Mission Almeida
@timothy-mission-almeida
11 years ago
3 posts

Thanks Kelly. I have been trying to develop a routine and I don't always rinse on the days I train. I appreciate the feedback! Stay well!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form