Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread ends

katietheladi
@katietheladi
11 years ago
34 posts

I'm somewhere around 8-9 months and everything is coming along well but a lot of my dreads are really big at the ends. Anyone else have this happen? What happened as the dreads progressed?

The picture is a bit blurry but shows what is happening.

updated by @katietheladi: 01/13/15 09:55:53PM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

All of mine do that. My hair starts to dread from the middle to the tips before it dreads toward the roots. So all of my length gets knotted toward the bottom of my dreads. In time it will tighten and lengthen and blend more with the rest of it. But my oldest dreads are 5 years and they are still thicker at the bottom. That never completely goes away because there is more length that shrank into those few inches and caused it to fatten up at the ends. Does that make any kind of sense? LOL it is really hard for me to explain :)

when hair starts knotting and the length shrinks up at the ends it is fatter on ends. The new growth of hair knots but there is not the same amount of length to knot up....so it is thinner than the bottom.

katietheladi
@katietheladi
11 years ago
34 posts

ah yes it makes sense. I have put beads on the ones i can to round them out a bit but theres a few big ones. thanks :)

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Mine usually start out like flat medallions on the ends. Then they start to curl around on the sides. Eventually they become tubular...so the dread still looks like a rope....just thicker on the ends. I am so glad that made sense to you!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form