Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Should i stop???

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Ok so I've asked this to Taye as well but I decided to make it a more general descussion. So I'm 2 weeks into my dreading. I've started my dreads knowing that it would take a while to have progress but with all the excitement I skipped the fact that my hair is just a couple of inches shorter then the required 6 inches. So there isn't going to be a lot of improvement until a few months. So I was wondering if I should stop and start when my hair is the right length?Will my hair dread faster if I don't stop and it dreads on its own? Or not much of a differance since im only 2 weeks in?It's hard for me to do something I love knowing that nothing will happen :/ so I need it help!
updated by @kubilay-kapucu: 02/14/15 06:10:39AM
Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
And I said 'so' alot :(
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

The question is.....what would you do differently? Condition and comb? I don't see why you would want to change anything that you have been doing in the past 2 weeks. So your hair has to grow a few inches before it is gonna dread. No big deal. Dreading is a process. It takes at least a year for dreads to mature and that is for hair the perfect length. Just have patience. The thing is that dreads take no effort. Don't make them complicated and stop worrying. I know that when you decided to dread...you wanted it to start immediately. It just doesn't work that way. Don't put growing dreads on the back burner...just forget you have hair. Don't stress over it.

Joseph Gaiche
@joseph-gaiche
11 years ago
28 posts
Does it really matter if its too shorr? Hair will grow over time. might as well just continue and then be suprised when stuff happens!
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Take a look at Castaway J's timeline. He started with about 5 inches of hair and his dreads grew to be glorious. He might be an inspiration for you :D

la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

I totally agree with taye. Why would you stop? Just continue to do what you've been doing for your hair to dread up and when the time comes, you'll have dreadlocks. As simple as that. And you could be surprise!

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Thank you to allof you! Ireally appreciate all of your support :)
Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

The 6 inch thing is just to give a general idea, its not like 'your hair will not dread until 6 inches', its just that for many Caucasian people, they may not notice major progress until 6 inches. But then saying that, I started of with about 4 inches maybe bit shorter and my hair type is so fine and straight that ages ago when I had long hair I never had to brush it cz it just didn't knot. Then when I started dreading at 4 inches I really wasn't expecting much to happen but even with my hair at 4 inches its started knotting up just by changing the way I wash my hair and stuff.

So chances are youll still see progress while its short and as your hair grows youll notice more changes, but doesn't HAVE to be 6 inches for stuff to happen.

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Thanks you! I need the extra boost to go on :)

Hannah Moore said:

The 6 inch thing is just to give a general idea, its not like 'your hair will not dread until 6 inches', its just that for many Caucasian people, they may not notice major progress until 6 inches. But then saying that, I started of with about 4 inches maybe bit shorter and my hair type is so fine and straight that ages ago when I had long hair I never had to brush it cz it just didn't knot. Then when I started dreading at 4 inches I really wasn't expecting much to happen but even with my hair at 4 inches its started knotting up just by changing the way I wash my hair and stuff.

So chances are youll still see progress while its short and as your hair grows youll notice more changes, but doesn't HAVE to be 6 inches for stuff to happen.

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

dont stop :) There's a vitamin biotin that helps hair grow, ask Barrellady about it sometime, :) I also reccomend Vicki's Lockin' Up Liquid from dreadlocksshampoo.com, it will make your hair go crazy, in all the best ways. :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form