Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2 months backcomb 2 months natural

brobro
@kadeem-dukes
11 years ago
2 posts

Well i have been dreading for about 4 months, 2 months backcomb 2 months natural and my dreads are starting to become more like an afro. Wondering if i am going in the right direction? Washing every 3 or 4 days with dr bronners 18 in 1 lavender follow up with acv rinse, and teatree oil for mosture

updated by @kadeem-dukes: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

You mean you kept backcombing it for two months? It's only meant to be once and then that's it. Maybe you did them too tightly with all the backcombing that they're loosening themselves so they can dread, so they're looking a bit frizzy? I'm not too sure, because I don't have the same hair type as you, but I think it looks pretty normal for in the beginning. They'll look more like dreads as time goes on :)

brobro
@kadeem-dukes
11 years ago
2 posts
My dreads always came out after about 3 weeks so every three weeks I'd get it retwisted via the backcombing method. Then I stopped and let them dread naturally for 2 months and was wondering if I'm on the right track.
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Every time you backcombed...you started from day one again. A starter method is like a pencil sketch. It is just an outline to the beautiful painting just waiting to happen. You did the sketch....let your hair finish the painting. It has to go through different stages to get from the sketch to the painting. If you just keep sketching it over and over.....you just end up with holes in your paper and the painting will never happen.

The photo looks like your hair is starting to dread. Just give it time and patience. :D

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

They do come loose, that's just how they start dreading, even though that sounds counter-productive. They dread well if you leave them alone, so backcombing kept undoing the progress it was making. So yeah, it looks fine, they are dreading, just that they're in their early days, so don't look completely like dreads yet. Stay patient, it'll get there :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form