Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How thick will my dreadlocks get?

Muchquashim
@muchquashim
11 years ago
1 posts

Hey everyone, my dreadies are about 6 months old, and I feel that some are just too skinny for my own likings, I was just wondering that if over the span of years will my dreads just naturally get thicker and thicker or hit a certain point where they stop?

updated by @muchquashim: 01/13/15 09:55:21PM
Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

Apparently the dread will thicken until its the size of the section where the hair meets the scalp. So have a look at this and see how big theyll get you dont want any sections over 2.5cms though. You can either leave them another 6 months to thicken and mature and then see what you think about the thickness, or you can let some of them congo by just not seperating them but be careful that the section at the scalp doesnt go over 2.5cms.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

They probably still have a while to go before maturing, so they could still thicken up a bit. If after another six months or so you think they're too thin, as said, you can let a few of them congo, but make sure they don't end up super-thick, because the thicker the dreads, the longer they take to dry.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Muchquashim. THEY WILL GET FATTER......Your dreads area certainly still on their journey. by the look of your pics, they are a perfect size. To reach maturity, they do their thing of shrinking and looping. causing them to slowly creep up and become that scalp section. This can take up to one - two years. I am at 1 1/2 years and also did T&R. Mine are a lot fatter now, but not yet all the way up. The T&R method actually sets us back with the journey, so it takes us a little longer for them to mature. Your dreads will still get shorter with shrinkage, but that's a good thing, it means they are fattening up for you. Have patience, don't let them congo. Like I said, in your pic the sections look fine, especially the scalp area size, don't worry, just be amazed when it does happen.....if you did your T&R too tight, then it will take longer......peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they thicken up to roughly the section size at the roots

at 6 months they probly havent thickened a whole lot yet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form