Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Americore and Bio Diesel Fuel

Jennaleigh Moonflower
@jennaleigh-moonflower
11 years ago
14 posts
So ive recently signed up for Americore in the midst of all the hustle and bustle about student loan intrest rates rising. Thankfully obama passed a new bill that will require graduates to only have to pay 10% of our disposable income. This bill will help the fact that our intrest rates doubled. Anyway I have herd great things about Americore and I was wondering if any of you are going through the same ordeal. If anyone has stories about thier experiences please share.The area I am interested in is the environment. Just a thought but I wish I could build a bio diesel fuel plant in my area somehow through this program! I know this particular field is probley not a part of the program because its ran by the state. I can dream. Reardless I forsee my future in manufacuring bio diesel fuel from solar energyTips and pointers from all you free-thinkers are much obliged.Jenna
updated by @jennaleigh-moonflower: 01/13/15 09:55:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i was an americorps vista (volunteers in service to america or somethung like that)

i worked at libertynet which was a non profit web hostung company we hosted virtualy every non profit site in philly area and we partnered with whyy (public television pbs) to provide practicly free internet as well

i was in charge of managing 200+ volunteer website designers

i loved it

though if your wanting to find that sorta position i would have found the position 1st that used americorps volunteers then signed up otherwise u may end up i8n something completely diferent although they do try to match you with something yoir interested in

just be aware that technicaly yoir on call 24/7 so your not suposed to have any other job nor volunteer for anything else

i did learn alot during that time and although i was working for libertynet i was also doig tech suport for every business and o=rganization in the building

was also nice cause could work from home whenever i didnt have meetings cause my home pc was faster and i got so much more done in less ti=me while watching movies

only job i ever had that i enjoyed and wasnt miserable at

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jennaleigh Moonflower
@jennaleigh-moonflower
11 years ago
14 posts
That sounds like fun especially watching movies! I told them I was into environmental sustainability and renewable energy. I also chose the social work option because I will be graduating in sociology next spring. Hopefully that will give me enough options.I just cant beleive after I finish school its like im retiring into the slavery of the workforce or something. Right now I clean vacant houses for my landlord and basically make my own schedule and this job is off the books. Work is workIts just like all I think about is how I want to live on my own land in my completly sustainable cob house surrouned by my gardens haha. All of this is for that goal
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form