Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The accidental dready

HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
11 years ago
93 posts

A few weeks ago I went back to only using Dr. B's for my hair and body. I also started wearing my hair up in a little clippy thing. I loved how it looked. I loved how it looked even more when I did not comb or brush it. I have not combed in about 3 weeks.

Only problem I have is my husband HATES dreads. I mean HATES HATES HATES them. I have not said anything though. He said my hair looked cute last night. Hopefully that trend continues.

I love the simplicity of removing a couple more things from my personal care routine. One soap. No conditioning, no combing, no hair dryer, no brush. Simplicity is the best!

updated by @healingamungthetrees: 01/13/15 09:55:17PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I will admit to you that my husband also HATES HATES HATES dreadlocks. But, he does say its my hair to do whatever I want. I figure when they are nice and long, and I can tie him up with them, then he will say that they ROCK.....peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u kinky freak lol

ask him why he hates them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

My husband really didn't like dreadlocks before I started mine. He felt so unsecure about my decision, but like Barrellady's hubby, he respected it. But now, only 6 weeks after I started my journey, he's completely digging it and even wants to grow dreadlocks for himself. So keep believing dear, miracles do happen! Love.

Amanda12
@amanda12
11 years ago
46 posts

My husband didn't like them either. I didn't brush my hair for a few weeks and I really didn't want to start again. I felt really guilty because I didn't tell him I was going to have them. So I went up and said "how do you really feel about dreadlocks?" he cringed and said he thought they were gay (no offence but that is what he said). That make me feel sick to my stomach and before I knew it I said "What about on me! " and he was like "Ohhh cool, DO IT!" lol so you really never know. But that mightjust be me. Im sure if you find out what he really hates about them you can work through it together.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

That was a great movie, " The Accidental Dready"....oh snap, that was " The Accidental Tourist"

HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
11 years ago
93 posts

My husband is basically a grumpy 75 year old man trapped in a 28 year old body. He is VERY old fashioned and very set in his ways. His tastes are more in line with my grandparent's than his generation. He thinks dreads are a dirty hippie thing. Sigh.......

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form