Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

Congos

Tara C
@tara-c
4 years ago
645 posts

I want to let a couple of my dreads congo. As my dreads have grown, they've gone thinner. I don't mean they're progressively thinning, just that when I first 'started' them they were thick, and since they've grown from then on, they're a bit thinner. I can only guess my hair has thinned a bit because of all my scalp issues. I don't know, but anyway, that's why I want to let them congo a bit, but was wondering how big (or small) a gap between two dreads is ideal for congos? I mean, I know too wide a gap between two dreads will probably be painful, so is there any advice people can give, or am I being too vague?

updated by @tara-c: 01/13/15 09:55:07PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
4 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Tara, they should be side by side, the two sections you want to congo. You don't want a gap in between them. Does that mean that you have some scalp showing? Is the the gap you are talking about? How fat did you want your congos to be? I know that you've been here for a long time now, so you know the extra care needed for fat ones. I do recommend that you don't do any by the temples, as they get long and heavy, they might just cause you some stress there, giving you minor headaches. Just out of curiosity, what was your scalp issue and is it all better now for you? I hope so.

I really like the look of fat dreads, but I am too lazy to do the special care for them. There are some great pics of congos, very original. If you are going to do this, you can always use one or more finger rings to put around the two sections to encourage them to join, or wrap them together. You will have to show a pic after they become friends.....peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
27,920 posts

let em dont force em that way only the right ones congo

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Tara C
@tara-c
4 years ago
645 posts

I have really bad eczema, it's getting better, I have a few sores still and flake issues, but definitely on the right track :) the gaps aren't where scalp is showing, they're just gaps between dreads. I have lots of loose hair all over the place, just not long enough (or willing enough) to dread. I have about four baby dreads, the rest is just loose hair. It wasn't necessarily that I wanted to make the dreads thicker, more that I wanted the roots to thicken up a bit in case they're too thin. Now that you've mentioned them having to be side by side though, I think I'll just leave them. None of them are close enough to naturally congo, and if I were to force it, it would probably put strain on them or something.

Thanks to both of you :)

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form