Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dready inspirations

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
I'm just making this post to thank and give props to all of the people that have inspired me with their awesome dreads, both famous and site members, and I think it'd be cool if everyone posted their inspirations so that these guys knew that all of their patience and diligence has rewarded them with dreads worthy of praise.My famous inspirations are: Lewis Marnell, John butler (when he had them), Bob Marley (of course) and Randy Blythe.Now, the true heroes, the site members whose awesome dreads have kept me going through the crazy days and criticism: Siding Eagle, your advice and dreads have made me the happiest I've ever been both with my hair and in general, Nature (Dan Farella), your dreads are seriously awesome and I love pretty much everything on your YouTube channel, Urs Uz, your photos are really cool and you've got great dreads and Scrojira, hearing your recent story about your stay decision to cut your dreads has shown me that even in the hardest of circumstances, there are ways to come through and use them to your advantage and all of the countless others whose names have escaped me, thank you all for being so great and offering such wonderful advice and having awesome dreads for me to imagine myself one day owning ;) peace and love for all
updated by @jayke-watson: 02/20/18 11:04:55AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well cmon princenoobsauce (vicki from dreadlockshampoo's step son) and lets not forget 6 year old gilly and her awesome dreads

aaaaannnd hummingbird love gorilla who proves dreads dont need to be anywhere close to uniform tidy a d over maintained even to get work in the ultra competative ultra "looks and style" orientated modeling field

aaaand oh just look through the featured photos they are all inspirtions

oh the guy with the longest dread (yes i said guy not that girl that wanted attention so got herself in guiness then they retired the caregory) hes actualy in guiness for worlds longest hair had 1 massive superlong dread he was a simple farmer in vietnam who got real sick once riught after cutting his hair so decided to never cut it again

when guiness heard about him and came out to measure he simply said "really? people care about such silly things?

to him it was really no big deal

he was just a humble farmeer whos hair grew tpoo long and heavy to alow him to farm so he picked fruits instead

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
I knew there was someone missing! Princenoobsauce is great! Have you seen his YouTube videos on his nature walk and how he washes his dreads?
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

My inspiration for dreading was all of the people I have seen and met over the years who has dreadlocks. Every one of them had a beautiful soul....peace

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I agree with the Barrellady. All the beautiful crazy wild short dreads all the way to the 23 years old drag on the ground long dreads!!! They are all an inspiration. :D

the Barrellady said:

My inspiration for dreading was all of the people I have seen and met over the years who has dreadlocks. Every one of them had a beautiful soul....peace

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

some of my inspirations on this very own site are PRINCENOOBSAUCE, DAVID ALGER, CASTAWAY J, TREE OF DREAD, SILLY WALKING MINISTER, MATTED DEW, RAS JATA, NATURE.... AND SOARING EAGLE !!!

These are just names... actually all of us here are inspirations for me.. their dreads and positive energy is so inspirational.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Alborosie, Soaring Eagle, Ras Jata, PrinceNoobSauce, Taye, Jesus Freed My Soul. All the people on the site sharing their journey with us inspire me, but the names I mentioned just give me this, "WOW, that's where I want to be eventually" feel, so deserved a mention. Alborosie, I got into his music and saw his dreads and decided I'd love to have dreads, so that was the catalyst.

la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

I grew up in a small town in the woods of the province of Quebec and dreadlocks were something we never encountered "live", so my first inspirations were musicians I liked, like Tracy Chapman, Erykah Badu and India Arie. Then someday, after moving to Montreal to study, I met the Grand Antonio, an approximatly homeless, extremely strong, legendary man here. He had this long, massive, unique dreadlock and was using it as a walking stick. I thought this was absolutely amazing and wanted to meet him again, but he died not long after that. Then I moved to Quebec city and there was this old guy, walking all day long on the streets with his long dreadlocks and his colorful tam hat. I never talked to him, but I liked watching him, and sometimes vaguely following him just to watch his dreadlocks.

Then I felt ready to grow dreadlocks myself and searched the web alot about this. This is were I discovered Tara Wagner aka The Organic Sister and her beautiful hair. She has now shaved her head, but she is still one of my most powerful inspiration. There is this beautiful Danish girl nammed Anna April, and this other absolutely amazing human being called Kimber aka TheKrazyHippie (I think she has and account here) wich made me totally fall in love with going natural.

And I met you all here, and everyday I found myself beeing blessed to be a part of your so so so inspiring community. Every journey or yours is so interesting and make me feel like I want to know more about it, about you, about dreadlocks and about myself. Love to all of you xxxxx

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Sooo, I'm a little addicted to dread vlogs. My biggest inspirations are lhv19 (Lauren) and TheKrazyHippie (Kimber). Wish I had friends like those gals in real life.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form