Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

In natural dreads,where in a section of hair does the knot tend to form first?

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

Hey gang,
I was wondering, when taking the natural method, where in your section do you usually see the first sign of a real dread knot forming? Would it tend to start near the scalp? the middle? the end/tip of the section? Or is it different for everyone?

Thanks!

updated by @premo: 01/13/15 09:54:58PM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Hey, in my opinion its not just different for everyone, but also different for each of ur own dread.. some of mine started holding up together from the tips, whereas some of them started knotting up from the middle portion of the section. doesnt really matter. your hair just does whatever it feels like. well in most cases, however, the roots (portion of the section near the scalp) stay pretty loose before they mature... but its a good thing and completely normal. just let ur hair enjoy all the moving along and tangling up on its own and enjoy the progress which will soon be noticeable. peace n have a wonderful journey. :)

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Almost all of the neglect/natural dreads on my head start on the tips and then work their way up. Mine were not all neglect. I had several dreads started with backcomb too...others with TnR. Now the majority of them were started with neglect.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Pick a spot, any spot.....that is where it might begin....now pic another section and another spot....that is where it might begin.......peace

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

Thanks for the replies! I'm a week shy of my 5 month mark, I started with T&R but 95% of those came completely undone, I got pretty discouraged so I just stopped paying attention, except for monthly videos. Last night I was looking really close and I swear I see a new, natural, legit knot, I was instantly excited, but I wasn't sure if it was just a glorified curl so I tried not to get too excited. It's actually in the lower/mid section of my section. So I was just curious if this is a spot that would knot first. Again, thank you again for the replies. It is much appreciated.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form