Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just seeing if I'm on the right track.

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
11 years ago
59 posts

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place...but oh well. I started my dreads about 2 weeks ago with TnR. A few in the front are coming along quite nice. Forming knots on there own and everything. The back of my head though is almost all unraveled, and it doesnt seem to want to knot up at all. I've seen alot of people talking about keeping your locs separated, but mine arent knotting up enough to even have to separate them. I'm just wandering is this normal or no? I know I'm only at 2 weeks. So not a lot is to be expected I guess.

updated by @shane-northern: 01/13/15 09:54:57PM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

just be patient.. uve done TnR already so dont do anything more now. all ur hair needs is time. let them work at their own pace. there can be parts on ur head which may section itself out n start knotting up much faster than others. just let 'em be. just keep those sections separated that are knotting up faster whenever u feel like. they'll all be awesome one day.. good luck mathew. peace.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

The back of my head dreaded much quicker than the rest, but it depends, it's different for everyone. They will dread up, just might take longer than other parts of your head, so no worries. And you only need to separate when they do start wanting to join together.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

T&R is only the blueprints to your mature dreads, they are not dreads at all. Some will loosen, some will fall out, they will all change completely. You are only two weeks in and so much will happen within the next year. Any sections that do loosen or fall out, don't retwist them, they are doing what they shoudl. T&R is actually one step forward (you see the dread look and made the sections yourself), and then two steps back (they loosen, fall out and some will make their own sections where they really wanted to be). You will know when sections need separating, do it only when necessary, as you don't want to disturb any knots forming. Did I send you a link to this post? It tells about what to expect with your T&R journey, it may answer questions you may have now and in the future: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-to-expect?xg_source=activity

Have fun with your journey, it is a wild ride with awesome results.....peace

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
11 years ago
59 posts

Thank you to everyone...i really appreciate it. I'm just freaking out I guess. I will take all of your advice and leave them be. :) Thanks again!!!! Peace.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form