Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Beginner here :]

Dominic2
@dominic2
11 years ago
15 posts

Thank you very much, and yours is amazing as well! So do you separate them when you take your hair out of a hair tie? I love how wild and free the hair is looking,so far :]

La Renarde said:

You really have beautiful hair and dreadlocks will look awesome :) I'm at 5 weeks into my natural dreadlocks journey and I keep my hair in a ponytail alot (because it's been so hot here lately!) and my dreading process didn't go bad at all. My hair is actually dreading pretty fast. But yeah, I need to separate more often. To dry my dreadlocks, I just wrap them in a towel for a bit, then let it dry naturally, so I don't need to touch them to much. Have fun in your own journey :)

updated by @dominic2: 07/17/15 11:06:11PM
la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

Thank you very much :) Yep, I separate them as soon as I untie them and everything is going smoothly.

Dominic2
@dominic2
11 years ago
15 posts

I'm glad to hear that :]

I'm anxious for the first time I wash my hair,aha. I still need to get a good shampoo. I know I'm only at two days,but I just love seeing how the hair is doing it's own thing.

la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

Haha yeah, I can understand how you feel! Did you think about going no-poo for your hair care? That's what I do (as many people here do too) and I'm 100% satisfied with the results so far.

Dominic2
@dominic2
11 years ago
15 posts
I'm not familiar with the no-poo method. Care to explain? :)
la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

You can probably find alot of information about it on the site, but I'll be glad to explain how I do it :) Instead of shampoo, you can use baking soda and apple cider vinegar with essential oils to wash your hair. First, 1 table spoon in 1 cup of water. Pour on your hair and massage well, then rinse. Second, 1 tablespoon ACV in 1 cup of water. Pour on your hair and let it do its thing for a couple of minutes, then rinse. Lastly, mix 1-3 drop of a safe for the skin essential oil with water and pour on your hair. You can choose essential oils for their medecinal properties or because you like the scent. This is really soft for the hair and alot cheaper than shampoo. But you can use a nice shampoo you like if it fits you more, of course!

Dominic2
@dominic2
11 years ago
15 posts

I really like that method of washing the hair! It seems so straight forward and easy. Maybe I will give it a try than. And especially because I don't know what shampoo would be best,so I don't want to set myself back at all :]

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form